The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. QPO

QPO New Member

Yes me to. Alas it seems to be one or the other these days.:rolleyes:

2. QPO

QPO New Member

But today was good, no rain, so finally got to do somethings in the garden. pulling weeds, cleaning up, looks all *******ed:)

3. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

it is sunny.

finally i have time for pool and jakuzzi.

BF is in NY so I have time for myself. :cool:

4. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

*shivers*

need I say more?

5. QPO

QPO New Member

it was sunny today, we nearly are on track to have the coldest August since 1943ish, so no wonder we are shivering.

6. Lioness

Yeah, it was sunny, but still cold in the shade.

7. QPO

QPO New Member

no rain today, getting slightly warmer, won't crack out the shorts yet!

8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the promise of autumn in the air this morning

9. QPO

QPO New Member

Well we has slightly warmer days, so that would make sense, your side gets colder and we get warmer, but alas the week-end is back to being cooler

10. Lioness

It was warm enough today that I didn't have to wear a jumper, but still had to wear a long sleeved top under my shirt.

11. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

hihi, if you want i can send you mine. i don't need them.:cool:

and i have such a nice coat, and i don't actually need them.

12. QPO

QPO New Member

Well today is back to full blown winter, with wind and chill factor, it has been a long winter started 1st june for us and still going, very unusual, but I wont complain as the hot will be with us in no time, we have such short memories.

13. Lioness

Yeah, this weekend has been horrible compared to the rest of the week. It was all sunny and come the day I have to do archery the wind and rain starts.

14. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I don't know if we have anyone here from the gulf states that stand to be hit by Gustav, but I hope you, your family, friends, pets...will all be safe through the storm. And right upon the 3rd anniversary of Katrina....just lousy. Take care of yourselves.

15. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Been a lot of rain here in this part of Arizona. I was going to sand my deck in preparation for staining it, but so much for that right now. :neutral:

I guess it's due to the amount of rain that there's just this massive growth of sunflowers everywhere, I have never seen so many in my life. Certainly adds to the beauty of the country.

16. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Well, I've been deployed down here to the gulf to help with the evacuation/recovery so y'all can feel safe, the USAF is here!!!

Seriously, if you haven't evacuated and you're in the area that needs to, please do so ASAP!!!

17. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Hey - thanks for doing your part ;)

18. reb

reb Active Member

Ditto - Thank you.

19. QPO

QPO New Member

Cold again today unbeivable, one has to wonder what is happening tot he world with all these huge weather changes. Another day of cold weather, my thoughts and prayers are with the people coming into contact with another big hurricane, I hope everyone remains safe.

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

it is a general cooling trend that is currently forecast for a good stretch, rather than global warming... invest in some good scarves & mitts. ;)