The Weather Thread

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by ThisIsNotMe, Apr 28, 2008.

1. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

Thank you and BE SAFE!!!!!

2. emeralddancer

This summer has been realatively cool (IMO) with burst of hot. It hasn't been to muggy here either. I mean MD usually gets real humid! Today is simply beautiful out. I dread this winter. I hate the cold so I pray it is mild! :D

3. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

okay, looks like we made it through Gustav, now on to Hanna (and Ike and the huge tropical depression off the coast of Africa.) Working 15 hour days at the air operations center will be the norm for a while. Can't wait to get back home to the Springs where the air is dry and the sky clear!!!

4. QPO

QPO New Member

yes those hurricanes look so scary....and luckily that this last one petered out!...Lets hope the other one is not too big either. :-(

5. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Yeah, I hope the hurricanes don't do any damage or take any lives, there have been so many of them lately.

On the bright side (no pun intended) the sun came out today!

6. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

more rain ........... :?

i hope everybody will be safe.

7. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Looks like Josephine is on the heels of Hanna...but there must be an "I" in there...who did I miss?

8. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

9. emeralddancer

UGH ... Haven't had a weekend this whole summer without some time of rain here in the NE. Blah .... at least it isn't a drought and for that I am grateful

10. QPO

QPO New Member

well yesterday we had some slightly warmer weather. But today is back to the winter day, but spring is here so we will have more :) (of the warmer sunny days)

11. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Really? Cuz it feels like we've got a drought out here. It seems like we've had "too much" good weather. (I hate rain, although I know it's very necessary.)

12. emeralddancer

Really and your not to to far from me. maybe like an hour. Not uncommon though.

Also too ... I meant that we have rain (drizzle) to rain!(downpours.LOL) all summer. Or maybe that dang cloud just kept following me. Hahaa!

13. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i think that ike will not hit us.

[​IMG]

14. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

It's 10:30 in the morning and it's VERY dark outside.

15. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Cool, but crisp almost Fall day - sunny, a few puffy clouds out over Lake Michigan. The lake is a steel blue color this morning with a few small waves.

16. LucyDiamond

And, here comes the thunder.

17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

it got so dark here a bit ago, nearly black! flood watch & heavy storms forecast...

18. LucyDiamond

It's now lighter outside but, still cloudy.

19. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

it is windy but no rain. yet. :cool:

20. QPO

QPO New Member

Finally some warmer weather don't have to wear a jumper, or have the heater on!