Today I am wearing... club

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by elisedance, Jul 12, 2007.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Be careful how you word...unless you are a nudist. ;-)

2. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

BDUs (Battle Dress Uniform) and combat boots. Something I'd NEVER try to dance in.

3. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

combats boots aren't too bad... I've even done Jive in mine back in the day... talk about a real leg workout though....

4. NURDRMS

I'm impressed!!! Although I wasn't specifically talking about not dancing in combat boots. My BDUs can be pretty constricting and warm. I HAVE danced in my flight suit, though (and have done the 'dead bug' and 'carrier landings' and all that other officer club bar goofiness.)

sorry to hijack this thread....back to the topic!

5. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

continuing the hijack slightly :)... I think I danced at few times in BDU pants and the brown t-shirt when I got to the studio and realized I hadn't brought a change of clothes... at least sweating is "allowed" in BDUs unlike all other uniforms.... And at all the dinning outs I always wished the mess dress was properly tailored for dance, but alas the shoulder construction is even worse that an off the rack suit/tux jacket

6. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Now thats a must-have outfit for ballroom leaders!!

7. NURDRMS

OMG, you should try dancing in the mess dress SKIRT!!! (For those of you who have no idea what this is, the mess dress is a military uniform that is worn to very formal functions. The skirt is a floor length narrow skirt with a slit on one side to the knee.) Whoever designed that piece of uniform should be placed before a firing squad!!!

8. NielsenE

NielsenE Active Member

hehe... need to get some dancers involved with the uniform design process

9. NURDRMS

Can you imagine what the uniform regulation pertaining to rhinestone placement would say?!?!? :grin:

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

you are clearly a clothes horse, elise... this is the second "what are you wearing" type thread you've started! :D

i wonder if we are collectively so fashion-spent from comps that we don't care to get into clothing concerns much in between... hence the endless black & white seen on practice floors...:rolleyes:

i am currently wearing a hideously mismatched blue footless dance tights with a v-neck lavender t-shirt... getting ready to dive back into sewing my dress & need to be ready to try the thing on at any given moment...

and i changed into that outfit from all-black pants & top... from my dance lesson. :D

11. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Yes, the first one never took off (or should I say came into fashion?) and I was wondering why considering how appearance conscious this group is but maybe its as you say, people are spent. But I suspect not - that there is a lot of interesting dressing in the day to day wear - and the early responses seem to bear that out, whether its coordinated outfits or battle fatigues - it sure is interesting!

er, like I said, its all interesting... Or maybe amazing is closer.... Maybe we are going to have to have an associated photo gallery - if so I want your number in it. :cool::rolleyes:

12. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Like the Glamour DON'Ts? Who here on DF wants to wield the dreaded black bar? :p

13. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Does it go with plaid pants?

14. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

And never out of style...:cool:

15. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

I still have on today's work outfit, a light gray and white pin-stripe pantsuit with a silky white tank top and black peep-toe wedges. Pearl necklace and earrings. Can't wait to get into something more comfortable! I'll post again after I've changed.

16. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

OK, now I'm wearing cropped blue jeans and a pale green v-neck T-shirt and tan Skechers.

17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

and I am now in brown lycra workout shorts, brown tank, and lt blue sports bra

18. elisedance

elisedance New Member

just a cream satin nighty - oh and a hair scruncy!

19. elisedance

elisedance New Member

don'tcha love those changes though? crisp and workish to casual and low key... odd that I've never seen a fashion mag article devoted to that... thinks...

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ROFL... fat chance, sweetheart. :cool::rolleyes: