Top Teacher Awards

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by pygmalion, May 9, 2004.

1. KevinL

KevinL New Member

You should definitely buy the tape of your comp. You may want it in a few years so that you can look back and say, "Wow, I've come a long way!"

A piece of advice, though. The first time you watch the tape make sure to force yourself not to "notice" anything negative until you have noticed and made note of at least 3 things that you like about your performance. That will put the whole experience in a positive light, even if you later see 413 things that you did wrong, or know that you could have done better.

Kevin
  2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yup, a tape is a great investment. Also, with pictures, get one of something you really don't like and put it up on your fridge... Ibelieve me, you won;t do that same thing again! :wink:
  3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Thanks! Every bit of advice truly helps!
  4. DanceAm

DanceAm New Member

This got me thinking, and I need to go back and check on this. But I am beginning to think that if we do well at a comp, my wife spends less at the vendors. If we don't do as well as we hoped, she spends more.

Or maybe, she doesn't care how we do, she just wants to shop.

Hmmm?
  5. virginiadancegirl

virginiadancegirl New Member

If she's like me...shopping can celebrate success...and help ease the pain of failure...

Especially with your wallet in hand!! :D
  6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hmm. There's a thread about that somewhere. Dealing with loss. I'll have to resurrect that one, now that we have so many new DF members that compete regularly. It'll be interesting to see what everyone has to say. 8)