Travel Destinations and Memories !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Mar 22, 2010.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Alaska - watching a glacier break away and become an iceberg. British ColumbiaCanada, the beautiful back roads, the fishing, the island of Victoria and Buchart Gardens. I've been many places in the U.S.A. for national parks - I love Yellowstone in all seasons.
  2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yosemite and Vancouver (Victoria)

3Wishes: As I have mentioned a few time in this thread, I love, love, love Vancouver (with Victoria and the Butchard Gardens, too)! I'm sure you love Yosemite, too! I have to make it to Yellowstone, though... :cool:

[​IMG]

from www .desktopscenes.com /Scenes%20from%20a%20Day%20at%20Yosemite%20(2003)/ Yosemite%20Valley%20Tunnel%20View%20Panorama.jpg
  3. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

If one's image of Arizona and the southwest is of barren dusty desert then just come to where I live which is pine forest; I'm in mountains. A drive on I-40 has many remnants of Route 66. Get's extremely windy on this route though, especially this time of year. Sedona is one of the more scenic and interesting communities in this state.

I live up in the White Mountains which is popular for outdoorsmen an those from the Phoenix area in the summertime to escape the heat. What I do like about the small communities around here is a lot of old victorian homes still standing and in use.

If you like historic stuff, Cochise County is a must. That's where Tombstone is located along with many ghost towns and small historic communities. I like what's around Tombstone better than what's in it, some of which requires a journey on foot.

San Diego and Seattle - two of my fave travel spots with a lot of great things to see and the dancing in both cities is great as well.
  4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Arizona!

Spitfire: Some of my favorite stretches of Route 66 are in Arizona! I consider Arizona (with its huge, huge, huge amount protected land, including reservations) one of the most beautiful states. I remember one night far from the cities I was on Route 66--and the stars were as thick as soup! And I saw many falling stars to make wishes on! GORGEOUS!!!

And seeing the Grand Canyon changes your life forever...

As for San Diego and Seattle--I have so many great things to say about those two cities. More on them another time!!!
    :)

5. Spitfire

I'm on I-40 a lot since I go to Flagstaff every month for a dance. There's a few structures I've been meaning to stop and photograph. Yes, there's some sweet isolation especially on the reservations.

6. Keith & Rita

Keith & Rita Member

Travel Memories!

Our favorite form of travel is by cruise ship. So for our favorite destination was our cruise to Alaska in 2001.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  7. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Thanks, Keith & Rita!!!

Keith & Rita, Thanks for the beautiful photos from your Alaska trip! I've not been there--yet! One day, I know I will...
    :p
  8. Spitfire

I mentioned old buildings. This one is located in Snowflake, Arizona.

[​IMG]

And this is the house in Tucson where John Dillinger was captured in 1934. It is now a B&B known as The Dillinger House.

[​IMG]
  9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Thanks, Spitfire

Spitfire, Thanks! Those pictures are great. Arizona has so much history, especially Western history (like Tombstone and Geronimo) that intrigues me so much! Love it! :p
  10. Spitfire

Any of you Seattle area DFer's recognize this? The old mill at Discovery Bay along the way to Port Angeles. Sure is wonderful country there.

[​IMG]
  11. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Spitfire

Spitfire, I love Seattle, but am not familiar with that. Thanks so much for sharing that--it takes me back to that beautiful Pacific Northwest area...

:D
  12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

New York City

More and more, I'm leaning towards New York City for the summer vacation (after my summer class). I'm excited...

I've always wanted to visit Australia. I definitely will do that one day...

So many others on the list, such as Boston and Chicago...
  13. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Australia is pretty awesome :D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  14. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To ireniecat

ireniecat, what joy, these photos! I'm envious...
    :D
  15. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

One of my best friends lives in Melbourne. We were roommates in college, but then she decided to transfer to school down there. So I went with her for two weeks when she "moved in" :D Awesome trip. Except she married an Aussie and now is an Australian citizen. Sucks, cause I miss her.
  16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To ireniecat

ireniecat, good for her but bad for you. I understand...

My first cousin married an Australian girl, and now lives in Perth...

:cool:
  17. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

And you didn't go to their Australian wedding? :)
  18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To ireniecat

Unfortunately, at the time, it was not possible beyond an act of God... :(
  19. Keith & Rita

Keith & Rita Member

We leave in less than 3 weeks to go to our 2 week timeshare on the beach at Siesta Key (Sarasota), Florida.:cool::cool:
    [​IMG]
  20. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To Keith & Rita!

Yippee! I'm envious!

:cheers: :bouncy::banana: