Travel Destinations and Memories !!!

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, Mar 22, 2010.

1. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

3. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Walked down to the Colorado River in Yuma earlier today. California is on the left and Arizona on the right.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Those are fabulous, Spitfire! I've been through Yuma at least a couple of times... :cheers:
  5. laucy.my

laucy.my Active Member

Just back from Brisbane two days ago, and I missed going to the show already...
  6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I've never been there, laucy! It must have been wonderful! :cheers:
  7. Spitfire

Correction on my info; Arizona is on both sides going east from the bridges where I took the photos - there is one for vehicles and one for railway. The area from the bridges in the opposite direction is Arizona on one side and California on the other.
  8. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

Flying to Alaska next weekend! Nice time of year to go! :)
  9. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yippee, WW! :cheers: to that!
  10. Spitfire

Sounds great WW. My mom has been on an Alaska Cruise about four or five times and enjoyed it tremendously. I had a neighbour who moved there several years ago.
  11. Spitfire

Salt River Canyon in Arizona. Stopped to take these photos on my return from a weekend camping trip

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

That's beautiful, Spitfire! :cheers:
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

My favorite trip was probably to Brazil two years ago. My brother and I went together and we stayed with family friends for a month. It was a wonderful stay in Praia da Costa. A beautiful beach outside the window. It's one of my favorite memories.
  14. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

mindputtee, I am envious! :cheers:
  15. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

It's must-visit for me one day, Brazil. I just love their music, too--and it would be perfect hearing it while actually being there...
  16. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I've been 4 times now and it's amazing. I'd recommend going during our summer (their winter.) The weather is perfect and just lovely.
  17. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

mindputtee, I appreciate that tip very, very much! :cheers:
  18. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Arizona is so stunning! :cheers:
  19. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

That photo is truly a masterpiece, Keith & Rita! :cheers:
  20. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Active Member

I unfortunately do not have any pictures to post from my recent trip to Fairbanks, AK. I forgot to pack my camera. I also did not get to see the Northern Lights. I was not aware they would show up earlier than normal this year and end up being the best display most residents had ever seen. I had even put seeing them on my bucket list a couple weeks before I went.

Some of the highlights from this trip...and there aren't many cause it was a business trip, not a sightseeing trip.

Actually the view from the plane as we descended in to Seattle-Tacoma airport. Snowy mountain peaks on one side, rocky river gorges on the other, very beautiful.

I believe I saw Mt. McKinley from the air on the return trip out of Alaska. This is not the best vantage point for viewing something like an insanely high mountain peak. It was around the right distance from Fairbanks to be the Denali range, I figured it was quite high if it had so much snow on it in August, and I think I could discern the highest portion of it. Must have been McKinley.

I also had a McKinley Mac while there. And Broccoflower. Never had that at home. And I tried a few Alaska brewery beers which were good.

I stayed at Sophie Station which is adorable and I'd recommend it to anyone visiting. It was close to everything.

I went at a great time, the weather was absolutely perfect, sunny and 70 degrees. Flowers everywhere, everything very green.

If I go again in the future I'd like to do more touristy things, see wildlife, see Denali up close, see the Northern Lights, bring lots of pictures home with me. I didn't even get any kitschy souvenirs aside from some postcards.