Type your username with your nose

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Oct 13, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Just tried it, and was overcome by mirth before I could type the first letter. Maybe another day. :lol: :lol:

2. chandra

chandra New Member

Doing this at work, here goes "chandra

erm, guys thats easy..."

(just to show off, everything in the parenthesis were written with my nose. No mistakes)

3. Ok, Ok, ya got me ... how about "really really fun and silly!"? :lol:

4. :lol: :lol: :lol: hehe

5. i keep seeing "Ayuh" turn up in DF but have no clue what it signifies ... can someone explain? guess I'm just too much of a newbie at this ... :roll: :lol:

6. lynn

lynn New Member

Hmm, DP explained it in one of the threads....now i can't find it.....

7. Rosa

Rosa New Member

I don't know either. :oops:

I thought it might be an Americanism for "oh, yeah", or something like that. It's unheard of in the UK, anyway.

Rosa :)

8. Tasek

Tasek New Member

Tasek

easy, though ofcourse really helps that i'm nearsighted, so without my glasses on I can see pretty clearly right in front of my nose.
    PS Used capslock for the capital

9. pygmalion

I think it's a regional thing. DP lives in New England. You're not gonna hear many Texas cowboys saying "ayuh." It's unheard of, in these parts. :lol:

10. pygmalion

ROTFL! :lol:

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Naw, they'll say something like, "yeap."

12. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Ok, for the blokes only--type your username with...um...the body part the ladies don't have!

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

14. chandra

chandra New Member

I beleive ayuh is an affirmation of sorts. Im trying to think of another word that is equivalent, but I cant really.

I was in a play once- "Our Town" and we had to say "Ayuh" constantly. You have just gotta hear the tone of voice its said with to really get it.

Interestingly Ayuh is also a sanksrit word meaninglife, life span, or health.
    (My HS second language is sanskrit)

Google agrees with me on the meaning of ayuh. It adds that it generally replaces Yes or Yeah, the stress is on the second sillable, and is sometimes pronounced while exhaling inbetween sentences. It is used both in Maine and DownEast.

15. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Joe... you need to get out more... !

16. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Ayuh. So I was sort of right! 8) :D

17. yola

yola New Member

ok... resisted this thread for some 50 odd posts... but the temptation to measure my nose against the brightest noses on the web....

YOLa

easy... just forgot to turn off caps lock :oops:

blindfolded: easy, when your used to typing ten fingersblind system (btw, typing this with my eyes closed... no idea houw it will turn out.)

hahaaha, not bad!

18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I think what was meant was typing it with your nose while blindfolded... probably a bit more challenging, no? :wink:

19. chandra

chandra New Member

irregardless of how easu tupiong with mu nose was im fiessing tuping withnmy eses vlsoed will turn out alo t wprst.

(translation: irregardless of how easy typing with my nose was Im guessing typing with my eyes closed will turn out alot worst)

20. pygmalion

The only word I didn't get was, "guessing." :lol: :lol: