Types of Tangueros: The Good, the Bad, and a myriad of Jerks

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Ampster, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Veron is much cuter. He has hair. Lots of it:rolleyes:
  2. Ampster

Ampster Active Member

This one? "Stages of learning Dance. Where are you?" http://dance-forums.com/showthread.php?t=20936
  3. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

Having been at a venue with both of them, I can definitely say that Heather's cuter.

Was there a point to this thread? :confused:
  4. dchester

dchester Moderator Staff Member

I think it's about various types of leaders (along with anything else we can think of).
  5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Threads have points???
  6. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Of course.
    You have to thread the needle, which has a point?????
  7. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Ohhhh, right, right...needles...points...sharp...

(...ow...blood...cussing...)
  8. Zoopsia59

Zoopsia59 Well-Known Member

oops... never mind... someone answered my question upthread (but bolow where I was reading when I asked it)
  9. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

:kissme:
  10. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

a kiss to wake you up, sleeping beauty

:kissme:
  11. milongadicto

milongadicto New Member

I enjoyed reading the list, but I don't feel like I belong to any type described. Instead, I would liken myself to a teenager who has just discovered sex. Once the initial beginner anxiety is overcome, he is so eager to learn more and more than at this point it is quantity over quality to improve. He cannot stop thinking about it, and practices as much as he can. When the occasion arises, he tries new moves every time, whether successfully or unsuccessfully. It is very rare to see him sitting out a single tanda. Because of his youth, he has pretty good stamina. In particular, he enjoys milongas because of the lively rhythm and tempo. Often, women end up panting, feeling like they sprinted for 7 minutes (or however long the tanda was), because this guy is a traspiƩ freak!

Because he doesn't yet know which move is called for at each kinds of music, his dance is often characterized by being very experimental. Also, because of his relative inexperience, he can be a navigational hazard (when he practices by himself, he forgets to take into account the surrounding space and wrongly assumes he can take as much space as he needs to perform a sequence.)

Despite his negatives, however, he truly loves the AT and eventually hopes to be promoted to the status of The Gentleman, The Patient Mentor, the Good Leader, or a combination of the 3, as he refines his technique and musicality, reaching dance maturity.
  12. milongadicto

milongadicto New Member

I enjoyed reading the list, but I don't feel like I belong to any type described. Instead, I would liken myself to a teenager who has just discovered sex. Once the initial beginner anxiety is overcome, he is so eager to learn more and more than at this point it is quantity over quality to improve. He cannot stop thinking about it, and practices as much as he can. When the occasion arises, he tries new moves every time, whether successfully or unsuccessfully. It is very rare to see him sitting out a single tanda. Because of his youth, he has pretty good stamina. In particular, he enjoys milongas because of the lively rhythm and tempo. Often, women end up panting, feeling like they sprinted for 7 minutes (or however long the tanda was), because this guy is a traspiƩ freak!

Because he doesn't yet know which move is called for at each kinds of music, his dance is often characterized by being very experimental. Also, because of his relative inexperience, he can be a navigational hazard (when he practices by himself, he forgets to take into account the surrounding space and wrongly assumes he can take as much space as he needs to perform a sequence.)
    Despite his negatives, however, he truly loves the AT and eventually hopes to be promoted to the status of The Gentleman, The Patient Mentor, the Good Leader, or a combination of the 3, as he refines his technique and musicality, reaching dance maturity.
  13. AnnaN

AnnaN Member

I'm reviving this super old thread because I wanted to find out the article. The blog is private and I do not have access to it. Does anyone now where i can get it or what's its title? Thanks.
  14. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Active Member

Your best bet, I believe, is to write to the author and ask her to grant you the access.
  15. AnnaN

AnnaN Member

Good idea, but do you know the author? I can't see an email through which to contact him/her.
  16. Lilly_of_the_valley

Lilly_of_the_valley Active Member

Oops, I am sorry. If I happen to find the email, I'll let you know.
    AnnaN likes this.
  17. Zoopsia59

Zoopsia59 Well-Known Member

It's interesting to read these older threads again. Thank you AnnaN for reviving them (and welcome BTW!)

Reading this one made me wonder if anyone knows what happened to Heather?
  18. AnnaN

AnnaN Member

You're welcome and thank you!