USA Dance Nationals 2011--Back to Baltimore!

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ChaChaMama, May 25, 2010.

1. reb

reb Active Member

Now that's talent . . .
  2. reb

reb Active Member

I remember that
  3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

ok... enough about me and the hotel... lets talk about the competition.
  4. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

The website is up and running :bouncy:, there are still a couple of pages under construction :headwall: but in general all the info is there. Registration is open and all I'm waiting for is the Fire Marshal to OK our floor plan for ticket sales to open.

See you all in April.
  5. Griffico

Griffico Member

Dahh it's exciting enough with the MAC promotional video floating around... why'd we have to bring up nationals? :tongue:

(Clearly it's been too long since I've been on a comp floor...)
  6. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Dance MAC in preparation for dancing Nationals :)
  7. Griffico

Griffico Member

Don't you worry, I'm already registered :)
  8. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

YAY, Daphna!!!

Hope to be able to volunteer at least one day, dance one day, and spectate all three days!

USA Dance Nationals rocks!!!
  9. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

ChaChaMama, would love to have you.
  10. cjbarnes

cjbarnes New Member

Daphna,

You know I will be there. Heading off to register us up. Looking forward to a great year in Baltimore with you all!
  11. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

I hope that everyone has a very happy and merry holiday season and a great new year with lots of dancing, and of course competing at Nationals :). See you all next year.

Daphna
  12. DanceSport-VP

DanceSport-VP New Member

Sorry for not getting the 2011 Rulebook published in time for this discussion - we are still dotting a few eyes and crossing a few tees. But this will be part of rule 4.2.5. new text is bold and italic

c) Athlete Couples satisfy all of the following additional qualifying criteria:
    1. have competed in a minimum of one USA Dance National Qualifying Event (NQE) within the twelve (12) months immediately preceding the USA Dance National DanceSport Championships
    2. have competed in the same partnership and in the same event (style/age/proficiency level) in the aforementioned NQE that the Athlete Couple intends to enter in the USA Dance National DanceSport Championships (effective for the 2011 Nationals and beyond)
    3. have placed in the top 75% of Athlete Couples in that event at an NQE (effective for the 2012 Nationals and beyond)
    a. Events with only 4 couples or fewer – all couples qualify
    b. Total number of couples measured by the actual number that dance – not the number that enter.
    c. Mathematical rounding based at .50 (point-five-zero) and above. For example: In an event with 6 couples entered (6 x 75% = 4.5) therefore 5 couple will qualify.

Hope that helps - look for the 2011 Rulebook soon.
  13. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Ken:

While you're still dotting Is and crossing Ts, you might wanna fix the typo above to make "therefore 5 couple will qualify" read "therefore 5 couples will qualify" (making "couple" plural)
  14. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It's also more customary to round at "zero-point-five" than "point-five-zero."
  15. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Wasn't sure on which of the various Nationals threads to post this, but this seemed to make the most sense. Just wanted to remind everyone that the deadline for registering and paying, without incurring a late fee is this coming Monday, March 7 at midnight EST.

See you in April.
    Daphna
  16. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

The seating plan is available on the tickets page of the website.

Also, just wanted to remind everyone that registration is open until midnight tonight, after which we will still be taking entries, but only if they don't add a round or heat to the event. Please be aware, that if you want to register today, (or anytime until we totally close registration on 3/21), you will need to contact the registrar in order for her to enter you into the event(s). She will be happy to take your registration, but due to the fact that people were going in and changing the amounts owed on their accounts, even when we had entered in the discount, we had to close the ability for people to register on-line.
  17. Mengu

Mengu Active Member

Is it possible to change seating sections? My instructor and a few of her other students got tickets for a different section, and we'd like to sit in the same section. If there is a way to remove and re-add the tickets, I couldn't figure it out.
  18. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Send me a PM and I'll pass it on to the ticket master.

d
  19. Mengu

Mengu Active Member

PM sent. Thank you!