USA Dance Nationals 2011--Back to Baltimore!

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ChaChaMama, May 25, 2010.

1. dancetime

dancetime New Member

I hope they both feel better....

2. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm hoping the same!

3. Griffico

Griffico Member

Booked my Saturday evening session tickets and Friday afternoon volunteering time last night. Woo!

4. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Does anyone knows anything about this hair vendor at nationals? Are they to be trusted ?There is no phone to call, only email address provided, and they request credit card information to be sent via email, with all the security info. I work for the Internet Security company, and something like that is normally red flagged.

5. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Who is listed as the hair vendor?

6. jerseydancer

GIA Minerals

7. jerseydancer

I have noticed that there are 29 couples in Senior 2 International standard, and the event starts with 1/4 final. Is this going to be run in 3 heats? 15 couples on the floor are too many couples, especially in quickstep. How big is the floor this year?

8. jerseydancer

Is there still a chance for a first round in the afternoon? It would be really good to know before setting up appt for hair and make up. Thank you

9. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Remind me: at Nationals, do some couples in Championship events get a bye in the first round? If so, is that just finalists from the previous year, or finalists and semi-finalists?

10. Naululani

Naululani Member

I will be dancing in Sr.2 Standard. I was wondering about the same too...

11. Casayoto

Casayoto Member

CCM, finalists from last year in adult champ latin and standard get a 1st round bye if they are in the same partnership, and there are at least 4 rounds(which there are). Senior 1 gets the same deal, but neither one has 4 rounds, so it won't matter this year.

12. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Sorry Jerseydancer...I've not used them before, so I can't be helpful.

13. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Which week is this? I have to make sure I give the dress I want to sell to Kat, who will be a vendor again at National. Also wish everybody best luck!!!

14. Naululani

Naululani Member

I just book my hair appointment. If there's 1st round on Sr2 standard championship (has 29 couples for quater-final at this point), I need to change my appointment too. Hope we have 1st round though... 15 couple on floor is lots of trafic ;)

15. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Looking forward to being at the event this year again. Still have no idea if my room is confirmed or not but totally scared of sleeping in different hotel than all my gowns.

Should be fun to hang out watch everyone and talk about dresses.

Now I need some serious organization to do as I have so far done nothing to get ready to vend. I will be renting and selling there so if anyoene needs a last min change of dress ;0

16. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

We will be there. I am not sure if husband will want to stay all 3 days. We are driving in after work friday. I hope we will get there in time to see the evening session (at least part).

17. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to Nationals!! It will be my first time competing (at Nationals)....

18. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

Good Luck!

19. NonieS

NonieS Well-Known Member

Thank you!!

20. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Just wanted to let everyone know that advanced ticket sales will be shut down on Sunday at midnight. Please buy your tickets in advance, for the past 2 years, the Friday and Saturday night events have been sold out and we have had to turn people away at the door. Don't let this happen to you!

Also, there are still a few front row and VIP seats left. These seats are reserved seats for the entire weekend (day and evening sessions) and so let you know exactly where you will be seating and how to direct your friends to find you :cheers:.

There are still volunteer slots open. Volunteering is a great way to see the comp from the other side and 4 hours gets you a day session ticket.

Hope to see you all there in a week, come and say hello.

Daphna