USA Dance Nationals 2011--Back to Baltimore!

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by ChaChaMama, May 25, 2010.

1. middy

middy Well-Known Member

If you get an evening standing-room only ticket, where in the ballroom would you be allowed to stand? I imagine only in the corners, or perhaps at the edges of aisles in between the bleachers?

2. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

In the back of the ballroom, at the top of the risers is an area for standing room only and for videographing.

3. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Any updates on Senior 2 heats? Is there a chance for a first round? Do we expect 5 couples to drop last minute? There are still 29 couples signed up.

4. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You can run a 28-couple quarter.

5. Medira

Medira New Member

Nationals starts on Friday morning.

6. Naululani

Naululani Member

It that mean if there are 29 couples, it will be the first round?

7. Casayoto

Casayoto Member

You could also run a 29 couple quarter. Not ideal, but an 8 couple final is acceptable. Depends on what the organizers/chair wants to do.

8. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

A final decision on a first round for Sr 2 Standard will be decided that day. If no one drops out, we will go with a first round in the late afternoon, however, if a couple drops than we will be going with a quarter final in the evening. If we go with a first round, everyone will receive tickets to the afternoon session and we will making this decision by the middle of the morning. We will be requesting the best way to contact everyone when you register so that we can let you know what will be happening. We are sorry for the confusion and the inconvenience but we would rather not make everyone get dressed in the afternoon only to be told that the round was being canceled. I hope that everyone understands.

9. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Thanks Daphna!

I remember that it was only a short time ago that Sr events had very few entries; this is a milestone!

10. Naululani

Naululani Member

Thank you Daphna! See you at the Nationals ;)

11. jerseydancer

Dapha, could you, please, let us know, if the first round will go on, what is the approximate time for that event, we all scheduling our hair and make up appt for the afternoon, because the event was suppose to be in the evening, rescheduling at the day of the event will be near to impossible. Will be event around 4, or 6 ? or earlier is possible? how early could it be? as early as 2 or 3?

12. jerseydancer

And how far ahead before the event can you notify us, we need to plan our event accordingly, if we dance in the afternoon, then the lunch has to be earlier, and we need to warmup earlier, and most importantly the hair and make up as I have stated before. And honestly, Joe, even 14 couples on the floor are two too many, why turn the event we wait for the whole year into a mess, seniors are people too

13. jerseydancer

would you like to dance that one with 28 couples? how big is the floor? last year in LA the 1/4 and semi were a mess, and 8 couples in the final were too many as well

14. jerseydancer

Looks like now it is too many

15. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

I'd rather have 4 rounds than three. it IS competition, after all! We WELCOME a chance to show floorcraft and be compared to that many dancers.

16. jerseydancer

Agree. We just need to know when they possibly can start

17. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

If there is a first round, it will go on towards the end of the afternoon, so much closer to 4 or 5/6 than 2 or 3. We will be letting people know as soon as we know how many people there will be competing. If everyone checks in on Thursday or Friday, we will let everyone know by late Friday afternoon, if couples are waiting until Saturday morning to arrive and check in, we will need to wait until then to let everyone know. So if you know someone who will be arriving Saturday morning and you know for a fact that they are coming, please let us know so that we can include them in the count.

Thanks and I'll see you all later this week.
    Daphna

18. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It depends on the size of the floor. A 40x80 floor can easily handle an 8-couple final...if they have any modicum of floorcraft. If there's no floorcraft, even a 6-couple final is in trouble.

19. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Do we still have to send headshot pictures to the registrar? I remember this but I can no longer find it on the website.

20. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Yes, re: headshot and the floor is 40x80

d