USA Dance Nationals 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by elle, Oct 21, 2013.

1. elle

elle Member

We are looking at making a hotel reservation for March in Baltimore. Is there usually any special rate for the major hotel at Nationals usually? A special password is needed? Thank you!
    Flyingkamakiri likes this.
  2. middy

middy Well-Known Member

3. raindance

raindance Active Member

Right now that link still has the old info for the hotel in LA (for the Nationals this past spring)...
  4. caw

caw Active Member

On a tangential note, it says Mar 28-30 (Friday-Sunday). Does anyone know when adult latin and standard is generally? Is it spread over two days, or all on one day? It'd be nice not to have to take off extra days of work.
  5. raindance

raindance Active Member

You can see last year's schedule by using the schedule tab from the link above. Doesn't look like they have announced the 2014 schedule yet.
  6. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Oh, whoops. I guess they don't have that logistical stuff ready quite yet.
  7. elle

elle Member

Would love to book the hotel... Anyone heard of when and if there will be any special rate? Thank you! The site still shows LA 2013
  8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Check back in 2014.
    stash likes this.
  9. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

Latin and standard are usually 2 different days.
  10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Adult Championship Latin is usually Friday afternoon and night, Standard Saturday afternoon and night (prelim round in afternoon).
    stash likes this.
  11. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

When is the scheduled usually released/does anybody know when adult gold standard usually is?
  12. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

go into o2cm and look at last years results it will have the day
  13. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Awesome thanks!
  14. raindance

raindance Active Member

Schedule may be different this year though - I think I remember someone mentioning possible schedule adjustments this year. Plus they are adding a couple of WDSF open events, I think.
  15. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

A heads up if the OP is floating around: it looks like they have the hotel info up for this coming year's Nationals:

http://www.usadancenationals.com/travel/hotel/

The skinny is that it looks like the group rate is $215 a night.

I have to admit that as much as I've learned about it being a bad idea to not stay at the comp hotel, that may mean I'll be looking to see what other options there are within easy walking distance.
  16. stash

stash Well-Known Member

They didn't get much of a discount for the amount of business I'm sure they bring into the hotel...
  17. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

It's a pretty snazzy hotel, I'm not faulting them for the size of the group discount. Really, I just need more potential roommates at my studio so we can pack a room like a can of sardines college team would. :D
    stash likes this.
  18. stash

stash Well-Known Member

As a note, if you are a gov. employee that rate is much better!
  19. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Woohoo, a whole 10% off the rack rate! :rolleyes:
  20. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Sorry, but its the best rate the hotel would give us. Unfortunately, we use a lot of space and don't really give the hotel enough room nights or food & beverage to offset the space we use. Most of the other hotels within walking distance are even more expensive. I should be posting the hotel link, the schedule etc this coming week, If anyone is interested in the logistics of Nationals, come to the Competition Organizers meeting (day TBD :)) and ask, I'll explain the process. And before people ask, we did look for hotels up and down the East Coast and couldn't find a hotel that had the space and that wanted us to book with them.

Attached Files:

twirl2010 and Bailamosdance like this.