USA Dance Nationals 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by elle, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Lol it will if the comp ends as daphne suggests, and all the syllabus dancers show up in the evening...

2. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

If you move more juvenile and youth events to Sunday evening you have an audience (i.e. Parents) that are already making the investment to travel and will pay to watch their kids dance. Not saying this is the right thing to do, but from a business perspective it makes sense. You probably get parents complaining because kids would miss school on Monday, but the kids won't mind :)

ajiboyet likes this.
  3. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I think you could put Pre-teen II and Junior I events at pretty much ANY time and you would get entries and an enthusiastic audience...BUT I think you wouldn't want to put younger kids TOO late on a school night, especially since many people will have substantial travel ahead of them.

stash likes this.
  4. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

A lot of nqes and other comps do a variation of this with success it seems

5. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

I hope that the USA Dance administrators don't change schedules rashly because of the complaints of a few people on this forum. After all there is a large crowd of competitors, who don't read or write on this forum. They may be so accustomed to the current schedule, and any change may affect them greatly. I am just saying any changes should be made after the administrators consult with a lot more people than the folks on this forum.

slhull.13, Mr 4 styles and raindance like this.
  6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Who's Daphne?

7. Mr 4 styles

I agree with Dancebug with one caveat.. Usa dance administration also needs to ( and already does in my opinion) look at other NQES and consider the best of all organizers and organizations. they do an excellent job with limited resources and volunteer hours. Despite my results this year (lol) i thoroughly enjoyed nationals. I didnt attend sunday evening more out of fatigue and an early flight the next day than anything. Adult champ latin is about the only thing that will get me into an evening ballroom at an amateur event unless im dancing in it during that session

8. Mr 4 styles

lol