USA Dance Nationals 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by elle, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

Oops yes I see daphne and think Mac... You all are right lol

twirl2010 and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  2. stash

stash Well-Known Member

Baltimore has a lot of spotty areas around the good areas. So it would be hard to say. I am about an hour outside of the city so I couldn't say for sure where a good decent price hotel is.

3. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thinking of doing another hotel and cabbing it to my hotel... if I take it door to door, that should be relatively okay, right? The only impressions I have of Baltimore was when I was visiting schools and auditioned at Peabody-- not such a great impression. The main campus was slightly better, but don't want to risk walking around by myself...

4. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

The Renaissance Harborplace is in the Inner Harbor, which is one of the nicest and most touristy neighborhoods in Baltimore, so it is reasonably safe. I wouldn't necessarily walk alone at night at 1 AM, but in all likelihood, even if you did, you would probably be more vulnerable to creepy drunk guy behavior than actual violent crime. I feel that Baltimore is pretty committed to keeping the Inner Harbor safe for tourists. I'm not going to say there is no crime, but for Baltimore, it's a safe neighborhood.

Looking at a map, you might consider a property like the Residence Inn by Marriott is only about 2 blocks away. Mapquest says .26 miles. I'm seeing rates of $149, 159.
    (I have not stayed at this hotel, but it had decent write-ups on TripAdvisor, and since it is a Residence Inn you could conceivably eat some meals in your room.)

5. llamasarefuzzy

Thanks CCM! That was one of the hotels I was definitely looking at

6. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

The Days Inn Inner Harbor is about 4 blocks away and is still in the "safe zone." Rate appears to be around a C-note.

llamasarefuzzy likes this.
  7. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

While bailamosdance is correct regarding the area around the MAC, the area around the Baltimore Hotel is a little bit iffer. I'd look for an hotel on Calvert St, and not go towards the other side of the hotel.

Bailamosdance likes this.
  8. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

And yes, just to reassure everyone, Nationals are in Baltimore :)

9. llamasarefuzzy

Thanks Daphna!

10. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Well, my hotel room is booked, so I guess I'm kind of official as well.

:D

mindputtee and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  11. llamasarefuzzy

Woohooo!!! See ya there :)

12. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

For everyone who has been patiently waiting to see if they have qualified for Nationals, the link is up on the Nationals website (www.usadancenationals.com) and here it the link to the Qualifying List. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub... and if you then click on your age group you should be able to find your name. Also, the Treasure Tier link is up.

13. Akita

Akita Active Member

Thanks. As busy as you all are with the MAC, I didn't expect it until after that event ... you exceeded my expectations. :)

14. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Thanks for your kind words Akita

15. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Thanks for getting the qualification list up. I know some people who are going to be quite happy to see it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  16. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

booking it this week once i get home from mini vac a

smidra86 likes this.
  17. elle

elle Member

Is there a list of judges available? It is interesting who will judge this year.

18. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

We are still finalizing the list, once its set we will post it. So far the judging panel looks to be an excellent panel.

19. elle

elle Member

Thank you, Daphna! We are sure that all the judges will be super professionals with excellent reputation!

20. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

Please show the entry list on o2cm. Thanks