USA Dance Nationals 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by elle, Oct 21, 2013.

1. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

I see that boyko is on the list of vendors and I promised myself that if qualified for nationals I would get my hair done professionally... Any body know roughly how much they charge for hair / makeup so I can budget?
  2. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

I'm trying to remember. I feel like it is something like $70-80 for each service.
  3. llamasarefuzzy

Awesome, thanks ccm... I'm glad it seems relatively affordable! I really want to have both done, and nationals seems like a good occasion to do so, bit if it was going to be in the several hundreds of dollars, it just wasn't going to happen. I'll be sure to keep an eye out for scheduling, as I imagine they book pretty quickly
  4. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

You can always email them and they will let you know. They are pretty good about responding. Looking back at my emails, the quote they gave me was that hair is $85 and up (if you want to get rhinestones in it etc) and makeup is $65.
  5. Akita

Akita Active Member

I'm assuming someone's going to ultimately bounce the entry list against the qualification list? I see at least one entry that didn't make the qualification list ...
  6. stash

stash Well-Known Member

There is still one more qualifier to go, so maybe that couple is banking on that?
  7. smidra86

smidra86 Active Member

2 technically, southwest and midatlantic according to o2cm. but yeah, that is possible that they are banking on it. it might also be that if they are banking on it, its possible that in either of those qualifiers, their event might be a straight final with 3 couples (i think thats how many to automatically qualify... i forget) so they would automatically qualify as long as they show up....
    stash likes this.
  8. Akita

Akita Active Member

No - they are done with the NQEs.
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

See Smidra's post above.
  10. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

In this specific case (I'm fairly certain I know what couple Akita is referring to), I believe he means that the couple in question is done with NQEs between now and Nationals, not that USA Dance is.
  11. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Entry lists are there, what/who are you trying to find?

d
  12. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

All Qualifiying lists have been updated and now include the MAC. Also the Treasure Tier list has also been updated. Please go to the Nationals website (www.usadancenationals.com) and then click on the qualifying list link or the Treasure Tier link to see if you qualified. Also, if you are an Emerald Treasure Tier recipitent, please let us know which night you'd like your VIP seats for - Friday, Saturday or Sunday by the close of registration.
  13. elle

elle Member

Is there a list for Under 21?
  14. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Sorry there is no list for Under-21. You qualify for Under-21 by qualifying in either Youth or Adult Champ Standard or Latin.
  15. elle

elle Member

It's good to know and to have more qualified couples. Thank you!
  16. elle

elle Member

How is pre-life of US Nationals 2014? Any thoughts or news?
  17. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

curious to see who is on the judging panel this time around
  18. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

last time i did my hair with him in spring 2013, it was 80 for hair
  19. llamasarefuzzy

Yup, got the quote- 80 for hair and 65 for makeup!
  20. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Just a quick reminder about 2 comps with deadlines coming up, the Nationals deadline is Friday March 7 (only 2 weeks away) and the deadline for Spring Fling is this week. The judges for both events have been posted. See you soon.

Also, if anyone is going to be dancing in the WDSF Under-21 events, please remember that you will need your WDSF ID cards which can be gotten via their website at https://www.worlddancesport.org/Cards via their website at https://www.worlddancesport.org/Cards