USA Dance Nationals 2014

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by elle, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

cant waiiiiiiiiiiiittttttt
  2. caw

caw Active Member

Anyone know if the event will be broadcast anywhere, on TV or on the internet?
    jerseydancer likes this.
  3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

They streamed it last year; don't know if they plan to again.
  4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

The judging panel appears to be up now.
    jerseydancer likes this.
  5. caw

caw Active Member

Excellent. I'll prepare my bribes.
    ajiboyet, Miss Silly, Sania and 6 others like this.
  6. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

For everyone who like to procrastinate, you've succeeded. There is only a week left to register for Nationals. After next Friday you'll have to pay a late fee, don't procrastinate any longer!
    jerseydancer likes this.
  7. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

A good reminder to send my money in!!!
  8. ilyako

ilyako New Member

We danced at Midatlantic to qualify. Any idea know when they will post the couples who qualified from this comp on the nationals website?
  9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Just go ahead and register and let Daphna sort out who's qualified or not. :D
    Mr 4 styles, stash and Bailamosdance like this.
  10. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Listen to Joe, register and let us figure it out, but the qualifying list should be finalized by late tonight.
    Larinda McRaven likes this.
  11. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!!!
  12. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Wouldn't you have also been able to sit down with o2cm and the rule book and sort it out yourself? Maybe the rules have gotten more complex than when I looked at it last year, but I can't imagine they are by that much.
  13. Daphna

Daphna Active Member

Top 65% qualify, if 4 or fewer couples are in a straight final, all four couples qualify.
    Flyingkamakiri likes this.
  14. Just wondering, will Nationals be in LA next year? Baltimore is really not a nice place to visit imo. Would rather be in LA.
  15. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

I guess you prefer a half empty ballroom to a full one, too.
    jerseydancer and Bailamosdance like this.
  16. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

OT a bit, but any comments on the fact that 'qualifying' events decimate participation at the Nationals? Does anyone else hear a disconnect between the complaints that the Nationals lose money and the fact that denying many dancers the opportunity to dance at the Nationals means less income and more importantly, less FUN for the members of USA Dance?
  17. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Without qualifiers though, what is it but a big competition that seeks to have competitors from all over the country?
  18. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

it still determines the champions; Blackpool does not ask that people qualify, nor do the WDC AL championships.
    Sania, raindance and llamasarefuzzy like this.
  19. Akita

Akita Active Member

Great point.
  20. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I was under the impression the plan was to alternate two years in Baltimore with one in LA. Speaking as someone who lives east of the Mississippi, I'm in favor of that plan. How nice the area is to visit is pretty significantly far down my list of priorities for a competition. Other's mileage (particularly those who live on the west coast) may vary.
    Bailamosdance likes this.