USA "Dancing with the Stars" competitors announced

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by leftfeetnyc, May 11, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks, Laura. Now I don't have to go do DF homework. I hate DF homework. :lol: :lol:

I wonder if the American viewing audience has the capacity to watch several dance shows with decent ratings levels. I just hope that the shows don't kill each other off. It would be a shame to go so long with none, only to end up with too many.

Of course, no one would ever have guessed that people would watch so many reality shows. So who knows?
  2. Laura

Laura New Member

Regarding Ballroom Boot Camp: They way I heard it, they were going to take actual real beginners (not celebrities) and teach them to dance by working them really hard in some short period of time. I just searched for it in Google News and didn't see anything, but I wasn't really taking the time to look thorougly either.

Also, keep in mind that "Dancing with the Stars" will only go for six weeks, and it will be more than that amount of time before the other shows are ready to air, so it's not like they'll be overlapping and competing for the same audience.
  3. wyllo

wyllo New Member

From the Yankee Classic website:

"BALLROOM BOOT CAMP" BEING TELEVISED DURING THIS YEAR'S YANKEE CLASSIC.

A new TV reality series, "Ballroom Boot Camp", will be introduced on The Learning Channel (TLC) later this year. The program takes average people off the street and, with the help of some experienced dance instructors, turns them into competitive novice level dancers. These new dancers will compete against each other as their 'Boot Camp' course progresses.

The series is produced by Dean Ollins, of 'Original Productions', who will be making the series for TLC. The first 4 programs in the series will be made during the competitive pro-am events at Yankee Classic this year - should be fun and interesting for all!

Original Productions creates many other shows, such as Monster Garage, Monster House, Biker Build Off and Plastic Surgery to name a few.
  4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

True. Which is a good thing. 8)

All I know is that, when The Real World came on, I wouldn't miss an episode. When Road Rules came around, I didn't bother. :?