USDC 2012... who's going?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by DanceMentor, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Camaro

Camaro New Member

Definitely going.
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to DF Camaro!
  3. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Again, thanks! It's nice to have an expert around. :)
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

no problem...hard to believe it will be my 6th usdc...5th with the current pro
  5. Maybe I am thinking of another comp, but wasn't there talk about how bad the hotel rooms were at the Swan last year? :confused: Bugs, roaches and such? Was that ever verified? (Shivering just thinking about it....)
  6. fascination

those experiences were direct experiences...the hotel isn't awful, it just wasn't to the level of the previous one to many folks....others seemed happy with it
  7. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Wow!

Is there free shuttle service from airport to hotel? How far is the airport from the hotel?
  8. fascination

fasc does not fly :)...guess someone else will have to answer that one :)
  9. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

What?:car:
  10. fascination

in 2 years I have put 76k on my cadillac...this year alone I have driven to oregon twice, new orleans, asheville nc, sarasota...and orlando soon :) it's a freak irrational thing...tell you about it over a drink at usdc...
  11. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Yes, I am looking forward to it!
  12. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

No free shuttle from Orlando Int'l to Swan that I'm aware of....
  13. GGinrhinestones

Don't know exactly, but Google estimates about 35-45 minutes depending on traffic. It's pretty much the other side of Orlando.
  14. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

15. GGinrhinestones

Ok, new question - I'm seriously considering getting my hair professionally done for this comp. I have always done my own hair in the past, and while it's been fine for other comps, I have no idea how to make it good enough for THIS comp. Is it worth it? And any recommendations on who I should go to of the vendors who will be there?
  16. fascination

I do my own hair all the time nowadays...if I was to use one of the ladies, it would be linda doyle, though I have not checked if she will be there and you will likely have to take a crappy time slot if you are just now booking....
  17. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I would use Boyko, although by this time I would assume he is booked solid.
  18. GGinrhinestones

Thanks for the suggestions! Definitely a learning experience - I figured they would book quickly, but didn't realize it would be THAT quickly!
  19. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Probably one of the lesser known hair vendors "may" have time left. Purple Tiger or Max Sinitsas ex-wife, although I cant recall her name...
  20. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Lela, think her company now is Lela & Co or beauty by Lela, have seen both used. I have seen some really nice work from her.