USDC - U.S. Dance Championships

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by samina, Jul 30, 2007.

1. 9dncr

9dncr New Member

Margaritaville is so much fun!!! I almost forgot that it was there! Is it in walking distance from the hotel? I have never been on Hulk- we are going to though!:razz:
  2. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

I WILL !!!!
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

kewl...now if I can just figure out my doggone dance schedule...I am easily confused:rolleyes:...meh...excellent new shot btw
  4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Yep, love the new avatar Larinda! :D
  5. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

yeah, ditto on the avatar Larinda. And as far as the hulk roller coaster...I'm a go!!!
  6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ditto... it's just gorgeous, larinda. love the angle.
  7. Larinda McRaven

I like it except that my arm looks fat and lumpy... but it really is just my thigh calf and foot that appear under my arm... I need to edit it out.
  8. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

That doesn't look like it's part of your arm at all! You look gorgeous.
  9. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ditto that. not a lump in sight..
  10. FatBaldGuy60

FatBaldGuy60 New Member

You look freakin' great! What is it with women and their self image?

FBG
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i don't know larinda well, but i have the impression she has a healthy self-image. in support of what she was saying, the skin from the back half of her body is visible along the length of her arm... from an artistic perspective, if she's a perfectionist, i can understand why she might want to edit that.

but you're right... she looks totally great. :)
  12. fascination

slap...not even going to dignify that ...just don't say it again around me:nope:
  13. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

I am. I'll be bringing the girls to watch their age division - probably the multi-dance events on Saturday AM. I have to work at 1pm, though, so that might change. Do you think that 9AM-Noon is long enough for them to run the PT division?

ETA: I 've got annual passes to Universal [whistles]. I'd be up for hitting the theme park for a get together...
  14. Some Day

Some Day New Member

Yulia Z and Max

When are Yulia Z and Max competing? I'd like to come out for that.
  15. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

She's one hell of a coach too. I think most people in the dance world think of Larinda mainly as a competitor. I can tell you from personal experience that she doesn't get enough credit for how good an instructor she is.
  16. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

As an interesting side note, Universal Annual Passholders got an email:

Fri 8/24/2007 1:53 PM

[snip]

37th Annual United States Dance Championship
    September 4 - September 8

Catch the 37th Annual United States Dance Championships at the
    on-site Royal Pacific Resort,
    A Loews Hotel.

Click here (http://www.unitedstatesdancechampionships.com/) for more information
    on this event.
    [/snip]

Nice to see them cross promoting this!
  17. fascination

always fun when bystanders come in...little girls with eyes as big as saucers thinking they have seen a princess...I love that
  18. Larinda McRaven

I was in Vegas many years ago. I had a very pink fluffy dress with big feathers and floats. A little girl and her mom walked by and the girl tugged her moms arm and wispered in her moms ear. The mom came over and said "She wants me to ask if you are Barbie!"
  19. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

Awww!!! What a sweet story! I'll bet you made that girl's day. Although the idea of Barbie in Vegas is blowing my mind a little bit.
  20. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

heat lists and final schedules are up on the site....