USDC - U.S. Dance Championships

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by samina, Jul 30, 2007.

1. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Eeew, I have to dance at 7am.
  2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

engine is running...can't wait
  3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Anybody have any idea if they'd run a semi or straight final with eight couples? And how about if they'd run quarters or semis with 13 couples?
  4. latingal

Owww....
  5. fascination

funny I would prefer 7a to 7p...and I think the earliest I am dancing on any day is near to 11a...but pro will be happy
  6. reb

reb Active Member

Is this for bronze Standard? I once had a similar earlier morning Viennese Waltz experience at Hotlanta.

. . . as if you didn't have enough incentive already to achieve Gold!
  7. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

Usually you 9 entries to make it a semifinal.
  8. syncopationator

No Tony and Elena in the pro rhythm.
  9. tanya_the_dancer

yeah, it's bronze standard.
  10. tanya_the_dancer

I am definitely not an early morning person.
  11. liz

liz New Member

We decided that I will dance Tuesday AND Saturday... Now I will have to fly in a few hours before I dance.... Wish me luck... I also have to dance at 9:00am on Saturday. I am not a morning girl at all..
  12. DancingJools

DancingJools Member

For pro-am, the organizers try to give them the most bang for their buck. I usually see semis when there are 8 couples, and quarters with 13.
    Good luck. I'll be there, of course :)
  13. latingal

Thanks for the info. DJ...bang for the buck is good...still being able to stand after you've danced is probably better - dang! *grin*

Good luck to you also!!
  14. fascination

I'll bring coffee and a hug...let me check my first heat that day
  15. fascination

my first heat is at 8 that day and we will probably show early to warm up...so I will bring some get up and go for ya
  16. syncopationator

I saw this on access dance network. Looks like this competition gets stronger and stronger every year. I can't wait!

OVER 7000 Entries and still going strong!
    That's 27% over the total entries of 2006 and more than DOUBLE the final entry count of 2005.
    The fabulous Royal Pacific Resort at Universal Orlando is the setting for this year's event and there are only a limited number of hotel rooms available as dancers and spectators from across the globe make their way to Orlando for the 2007 United States Dance Championships. Don't miss out on history in the making. Click Here for more information on hotel reservations.
    We are still taking advance ticket orders. ALL advance ticket orders must be received in our offices no later than Friday, August 31st. Click Here for more information and to print a ticket order form. After August 31st tickets must be purchased in person at the USDC Competition Registration Desk at the Royal Pacific in Orlando. No phone orders will be accepted. The USDC Registration Desk will be open beginning Monday, September 3rd at approximately 12 Noon.
    We are looking forward to a spectacular year and hope to see you in Orlando!!
  17. fascination

well I hope that means they'll be happy to refund the two wednesday evening tickets that I think I bought by mistake...ug...sometimes I am such a doofus
  18. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Those are called Bratz...

[ducks and runs]
  19. dance234

dance234 New Member

elena and tony not defending their US rhythm title at USDC, according to the front page of dancebeat.com:

NEWS FLASH!
    Tony Dovolani & Elena Grinenko, the defending US National Pro Rhythm Champions, have told Dance Beat that they will not defend their title this September. More news when we get it.

Surprise!
  20. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

I saw Joanna and Jose dance at Capital. Awesome!