USDC - U.S. Dance Championships

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by samina, Jul 30, 2007.

1. dance234

dance234 New Member

Yeah... I'd retire too if I were up against them. Sheesh.
  2. 9dncr

9dncr New Member

One week till takeoff! woo hoo!
  3. cy_phi

cy_phi Member

Well, the Heat Lists are up. Looks like Pro Rhythm and Latin are going to be good!
  4. 9dncr

9dncr New Member

Anyone know the deal on getting the best deal for tickets to Universal / other parks I was quoted $86 for a 2 park 7 day pass for Universal through AAA and I wanted to see if there was any other better deals out there?
  5. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

for what it's worth, the lumps are clearly not your arm.
  6. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

I am just venting here, as only you nice people on this forum will understand. I hurt myself practicing onTuesday and it is still pretty bad, right now I can't dance at all so competing next week is looking very doubtful. Family and friends are sympathetic but don't really understand how disappointed I am. Also I am on the older side of the age spectrum and it terrifies me that time may be running out. I just need to reach out and tell someone.
  7. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

This happened to me right before Manhattan this year, Gingerbread. I just had to stop practicing for the entire week before and get a massage before heading down for the 5+ hour car trip. I muddled through it, although in pain again afterwards. I'm not sure which part of you is hurting, but maybe you can just try to lay off for the week and see how you feel. If it's not too bad, your adrenaline should help you through it. Of course, if it's still bad next week.....don't want to risk hurting yourself further.
  8. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Sciatic pain, hurts when walking, stairs really bad. I am having massages and we'll see. Thanks for the good thoughts, I will keep hope alive.
  9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Sending speedy recovery vibes to you!
  10. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

gingerbread, I am very sorry to hear that you are injured...and I do understand how disappointing this must be right before usdsc. I'm sure you're thinking about all the hard work you've put in to get to this point. But do keep your spirits up, will be sending positive healing vibes your way.
  11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ditto, gingerbread. wishing you a workable turnaround... i can imagine how frustrated you feel right now <hug>
  12. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

Thank you all so much. I know you would understand and am not giving up yet.
    Dance well everyone and, most important of all, enjoy your time out on the floor.
  13. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

An excellent reminder gingerbread that we should count ourselves lucky to be out dancing on that floor and to enjoy every minute! Sounds like something for the gratitude thread.
  14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

so, so true, LG. am appreciating your reminder, myself. :)
  15. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Ditto
  16. reb

reb Active Member

Do what the docs say (and stretch, etc.) and it can get better even if its quite a shocker right now - important is that you continue your positive attitude - I had sciatica with extreme pain even when not walking a little over a year ago, but now its subsided - there's hope!
    :banana:
  17. liz

liz New Member

I feel lucky to get to be apart of the whole thing. You must feel heartbroken. But there is always hope...:friend:
  18. 9dncr

9dncr New Member

Quick recovery for you and rest until you need to dance - I am sure that if you take care of yourself and think positive you will feel better than ever!
  19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sending my very best healing vibes
  20. Laura

Laura New Member

OH my gingerbread! Hang in there...sometimes it's amazing what some rest, some ice, some compression, some anti-inflammatories, some stretching, and some judicious taping can do.

I hope it works out so you can dance!