USDC - U.S. Dance Championships

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by samina, Jul 30, 2007.

1. liz

liz New Member

Just wondering how you are doing Gingerbread....

2. gingerbread

gingerbread Member

You guys rock! I cannot tell you how much your messages have meant. I have had much massage therapy and yes, stretching and medicine, and I am feeling mcuh better. We did a short practice on sunday, I didn't try to move full out. The interesting part to me is that it bothered me when we began but felt better the more I moved. I definitely need the muscles to be warm. Turns out my IT band and back muscles were very tight, so I am massaging whatever I can myself and using heat and anti-inflammatories and even that foul smelling Tiger Balm (athough I don't think I would impose that on my pro). At the end of the lesson we decided I should dance, so here I am on Monday night packing. I feel like a kid who had Christmas canceled and then was told it was happening after all. I am concentrating on staying positive. Of course it is not all better, but hopefully I will be able to do what my teacher said the other day, "I want you to do this, but I want even more for you to enjoy yourself and be happy out on the floor." I will take my passon for dance with me and the good vibes all of you have sent me, which I know have done their magic. My teacher is already there and called to tell me the resort is very beautiful but that it's a long walk to the ballroom (you have to even go outside for a bit). HAVE FUN EVERYONE, AND GOOD LUCK!

3. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it, Gingerbread. Hope you continue to be well and have a great time in Florida!

4. IsaacAltman

IsaacAltman New Member

Going to Orlando!

Hi all! Just wanted you to know that I would like everyone on this forum who is going to USDC to come over and say hello. It is my chance to meet everyone. I will be dancing Pro/Am in the U.S. Latin Pre-Teen Championships on Sat. Good luck to everyone and hope to put a face on some of the nice people on this forum.

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

ditto that. will be thinking of you, ginger, and sending ya good vibes. :D

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

hey, good luck, isaac! :D

7. syncopationator

syncopationator Active Member

Good luck to all everyone going to USDSC. I'm leaving for Orlando in the morning. Hope to run into some DF'ers there.

8. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Well, I'm here already, as are fascination, dressgirl, ChelD, and Chris. (Or, more accurately, those are the ones I've seen so far)

9. Laura

Laura New Member

Ha, I just saw Chel on the opposite side of the country like...yesterday! That woman gets around!

Good luck to everyone and have fun!

10. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Good luck to ALL the DF'ers attending!

gingerbread, I am so glad that you will end up going after all! And your pro is right, the best thing of all would be you really enjoying your time on the floor. Go for it!

And Isaac best of luck to you in the Pre-Teen pro-am!

Go team DF!!!

11. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Can i just say how awesome this hotel is!!!!

12. DancingJools

DancingJools Member

I'm getting in on Thursday, but haven't bought tickets for the evening sessions yet (stupid, stupid, stupid). Does it look like tickets will be sold out?
    Thanks.

13. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

14. SDsalsaguy

Yes, at least 100 times more friendly, accommodating, and accessible than the Westin was... not to mention food prices that are less than half and under!

I've bumped into a few people who disagree, but as far as I am concerned there is no contest, this is a drastic improvement! :D

15. MrBroadway

MrBroadway New Member

Good Luck to everyone at, or going to be at, USDC!

16. SDsalsaguy

Oh yeah, for those interested:

Pro RS Smooth
    1. Mayo Alanen & Lisa Vogel
    2. Gary McIntyre & Susan Kirklin
    3. Eric Hudson & Michelle Hudson
    4. John Selby & Irina Chalkevitch
    5. Vladimir Kosarev & Vera Kosarev
    6. Joe Howard & Leisa Howard

Pro RS Latin
    1. Andre Strinadko & Olga Kinnard
    2. Marcus Johnson & Yuki Haraguchi
    3. Yegor Novikov & Ekaterina Zakharoff
    4. Sergey Korshunov & Michelle Hafle
    5. Leonidus Proskurov & Aliona Proskurov
    6. Genya Bartashevich & Olga Chekhova

17. reb

reb Active Member

Congratulations!!

With Mayo and Lisa winning RS, they seem to have recovered from Eric & Michelle and John & Irina passing them in the Open Smooth at Embassy. I enjoy watching all three couples.

This is particularly good for Mayo & Lisa - I believe Irina has previously been a RS champion with Troy.

Congrats to Marcus and Yuki!

18. Angelo

Angelo New Member

Nice result for Andre and Olga!

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i stayed at that westin last summer... twas quite expensive. glad the orlando hotel is more affordable for you guys.

20. SDsalsaguy

The top two couples, Mayo Alanen & Lisa Vogel and Gary McIntyre & Susan Kirklin, really stood out from the rest for me; much more connected and in sync with each other than the other couples.

In the RS Latin
    Andre Strinadko & Olga Kinnard were for me clear stand outs, dancing far cleaner, more precisely, and more relaxed than the rest of the final. Sergey Korshunov & Michelle Hafle also caught my eye, excellent when 'together' but lacking consistency at times.