USDC - U.S. Dance Championships

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by samina, Jul 30, 2007.

1. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

Thanks for the results SDsalsaguy. Does anyone have results for the Professional International Style 10 Dance Championship Standard Section? Thanks!
  2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Looks like 9dncr aced five so far! Way to go!
  3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

am wondering same... (luce, your pro doesn't compete 10-dance, does he?)
  4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

really? that's awesome! i guess you know his real name. :)
  5. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Her; we used to dance at the same studio together. I don't think I'm giving anything away by saying she placed first (because there are so many different levels/age groups). So, big high fives to her.
  6. LucyDiamond

No, just standard. They compete tonight, tomorrow night and again on Saturday. They are competing in standard showdance for the first time.
  7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i stand corrected. didn't think you gave anything away... i like it when DFers know & watch out for each other at comps. :)
  8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

mine's doin' 10-dance... but the latin half isn't til tomorrow night.
  9. LucyDiamond

Yes, I know but, I'm wondering how they did in the standard half last night.
  10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i logged onto the website this morning in hopes something would be posted but... no luck.
  11. LucyDiamond

Comp websites usually don't post results until a few days after the competition is over. :( I'm surprised dancesportinfo.net doesn't have anything yet. They are usually quick with the big comps.
  12. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

13. Laura

Laura New Member

I'm guessing that it's because the competition is still in progress (meaning, the Latin half hasn't been danced yet) that the results of the Standard haven't been announced. I haven't checked the NDCA rule book, but I know in USA Dance they aren't supposed to give results half way through.
  14. LucyDiamond

That makes sense. Thanks Laura for the clarification.
  15. chrisjohnston

16. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that because each dance is scored separately across both styles Laura is exactly correct.
  17. evanluck

evanluck Member

Congrats to Mayo and Lisa! Definitely one of my favorite couples dancing smooth right now. I had trouble keeping track of them in the semi-final at Embassy. Not sure if they had a rough round or if it was dress color issue. When Lisa is wearing her emerald green dress I can't seem to take my eyes off this couple.

A credit to them for bouncing back after what must have been a disappointing result at Embassy.
  18. dance234

dance234 New Member

I really like them too - she is a special dancer.
  19. evanluck

evanluck Member

I agree! She has such command and presence. There are times out there when I feel like she demands the attention of everyone in the room and gets it!

I also love their bold choices in their choreography. They start their waltz with this huge standing foot spin and have some amazing moments in their tango and foxtrot as well.

Excited to see how they can take this momentum into the Open category.

I wish I was there to watch the Open Smooth live. The result at Embassy was so close. (JT & Tomas - 2212, Eddie & Valentina - 1133, Hunter & Maria 3321)

With one or two top couples added to the mix, it seems like it is anyone's event to win which is quite rare in dancesport.
  20. chrisjohnston

First pro-am Smooth results now posted

Cheers Chris