USDSC 2013

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by GJB, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

perzhus 4th surprised me a bit but I agree with it
  2. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

SUPER SUPER happy about Nazar and Irina earning 3rd. Love their dancing. Wish Danas and Yuki or Misha and Vanda had made it, though.
    debmc likes this.
  3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Based on the dancing on the night, I agree with both of these sentiments.
    debmc likes this.
  4. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Yep... just have to say... Emmanuel and Liana deserved the title... and the audience was in complete agreement!
    SDsalsaguy likes this.
  5. rydancefan

rydancefan New Member

Love the videos posted on supershag
  6. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Just saw this thread, while we were on our way driving away from Orlando. Was a great USDC, not only we made final for both pro National and open to the World Rising Star standard division, our student also made 4th place in Open to the World pro-am open gold rising star standard division, and this is her 1st time ever competing in USDC open gold division.

Sorry didnt see this thread earlier and missed some chance meeting some dfers, was so busy, got up every morning earlier to do student's makeup and busy preparing comp, didnt get any chance for Internet or didnt even visit pool side even once; but was a great comp and totally enjoyed dancing there.

Questions, how many photographers there besides Park West? I have some difficulty to find my dance photos. I know park west takes at least 3 weeks to upload pics but other photographers usually take less time? Seems Deca site is down, not sure, I only have Iphone and iPad with me, no MacBook this time, can't open any supershag vids from iPad and not so convenient to search on either device:( we on our way to Fort Lauderdale student's vacation house, won't be back to NY until end of this week, and i dont know how much longer i would have internet in that beach house, so please if you see any decent pics of us on FB, please tag:)
  7. Standarddancer

Chris
    Great to briefly met you and got a chance to say hi there. Thanks for promptly uploading pics and vids, will check vids as soon as have access to my MacBook.
  8. Standarddancer

Thanks so much for beautiful photo for Thursday night! You are one of few photographers captured the true vivid color of my dress!
  9. SDsalsaguy

10. SDsalsaguy

You're very welcome! I think color is such an important part of ballroom, so sacrifice some photo possibilities to prioritize accurate, crisp, clean colors. :)
  11. chrisjohnston

chrisjohnston Well-Known Member

Nice to bump into you as well Standard Dancer.Congrats on you r performance and yes your partners student was really impressive.

Cheers Chris
  12. gracie

gracie Active Member

They are International Latin, not rhythm.
  13. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

They are switching to Rhythm, this was to be their debut.
  14. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, Chris! I had fun! It was great to see you too! :)
  15. Mr 4 styles

yuki is quite pleased.. but im sure they will be up there next year
  16. Mr 4 styles

*pictures Natalie dancing bolero*........

*passes out*:rolleyes:
  17. Mr 4 styles

maybe next year.. but now that Brees hip is better maybe not
    jiwinco likes this.
  18. SDsalsaguy

Does anyone else who was there have any comments/observations about the Open Rhythm?
  19. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I've kind of gotten turned off by the tone of some of the comments here on DF to the point that i don't like to make a comment myself anymore but since you asked here is my 2 cents worth:

I preferred Emmanuel and Liana. I feel like their dancing has alot more soul than the other couples. For me, Decho and Bree seem a little too sterile or pristine. American Rhythm seems the closest style to street dancing and I like to see some sabor. And, I think Emmanuel has it in spades !!!
    jiwinco, theAnnelis, debmc and 4 others like this.
  20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Ain't that the truth.

I just love their dancing. Love. And she is his match when it comes to sabor!
    j_alexandra likes this.