Used Ballroom and Latin Dance Competition Dresses for Sale

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Me, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Me

Me New Member

Please bookmark this thread and keep checking back! You may also visit and bookmark my storefront, here: http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/

This is an on-going thread for my quality consignment ballroom and Latin dance gowns. All gowns have been professionally cleaned and restoned. Often I will list designer gowns in off-the-rack condition at a fraction of what you would expect to pay at a competition.
  2. Me

Me New Member

Designs by Lyn - Bold and Unique Ballroom Latin Dance Dress

[​IMG]
    a close-up of the exquisite stoning

This gown was created by popular ballroom fashion designer Designs by Lyn.

This gown found a great home with me for Paso Doble exhibitions, but now it is time to pass this on to somebody else.

This gown features a built-in body suit, tons of Swarovski, and a bold and unique style that will be remembered!

[​IMG]
    a close-up of the bodice

The bodice is created from a high quality, red stretch mesh. The sleeves offer full coverage of the arms, are also made from red stretch mesh, and finish at the hands with beautiful stoning and fingerloops. At the wrists, there are two kerchiefs to accentuate the arm styling, both light and made from stretch mesh. These can easily be removed if desired.

As you can see, the bodice on the front AND the back is covered in a bold and beautiful Swarovski pattern. Plenty of solid and impressive stoning in Light Siam, Fire Opal, and Onyx Swarovski crystal flatbacks. A braid of black and red stretch mesh goes down the middle for a bold look, both on the front and the back of the gown.

[​IMG]
    front view of the gown

[​IMG]
    back view of the gown

The skirt is comprised of several twirling cuts of red and black stretch mesh lycra. These provide a lot of movement when you are dancing, especially in paso doble with flamenco styling!

A brand new, matching hair accessory was created to match this gown:

[​IMG]
    brand new, made-to-match hair accessory

Size: This gown is marked as a small, but it is best for a size 6-10. This gown was always a bit loose on me, and I generally wear a conventional small.

Maximum Measurements for a Flattering Fit:
    Bust: 40" (Cups are a B)
    Waist: 32"
    Hips: 40"
    Maximum Height: 5'6"

This gown allows stretch for sizes larger than the above measurements, but I cannot guarantee that the fit would be flattering.

This dress is in excellent used condition. It is very lightly worn, and comes to you professionally cleaned and restoned.

Asking Price: $625

To purchase or view higher quality pictures, please visit: http://www.ballroomjewelry.ecrater.c...hp?pid=3809917
  3. Me

Me New Member

I've had requests for different styles of necklaces, and for arm bands. I have a few available in my shop. More will be added, and better pictures taken... probably in July. I'm pretty busy getting ready for the Regional USA Dance competition in Baton Rouge. :)

So anyway... an example of a new necklace...

[​IMG]

and an example of arm bands (not-so-great picture... sorry!)

[​IMG]

Oh, and a link to where they may be found. :)

http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/
  4. Me

Me New Member

Designs to Shine (Designs by Maria) Hot Pink Ballroom Latin Dance Dress

[​IMG]

This used ballroom gown is in excellent, like-new condition! It appears as though it were just pulled from the rack!

(NOTE: Color is accurately depicted in close-up shots of accessories, stoning, and of designer tag. Shots with dress on red dressform show how the dress fits on a body, but the color is not represented accurately.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This gown comes with an original choker and two cuffs made to match the costume. As a bonus, brand new matching clip-on earrings are also included! You are totally SET with this one purchase!

This dress has all of the attention to detail and quality you would expect from Maria. Featuring a body suit with bra cups (size B) this dress is composed of a high quality, hot pink stretch mesh overlay, generously adorned with Fuscia swarovski crystal AB swarovski, and features several large sew-on stones. I estimate a total of 15 gross of stones went into this gown.

The bodice is covered in matching Fuscia Swarovski crystals. The bodice also features several large sew-on Swarovski stones surrounded by Swarovski crystal AB stones in a pattern which extends to the skirt portion of the gown. The skirts are cut into several playful points, all adorned with Swarovski Crystal AB, and show lots of movement and sparkle when you wiggle!

Bust: 36" (Cups are a B)
    Waist: 27"
    Hips: 36"

I believe this dress to be a true size 0-4. The measurements represent what I believe to be the maximum stretch before the gown risks becoming unflattering. The waist is free fitting, so a larger dancer could easily wear it, I just cannot say whether it would "work" or not (i.e., the dreaded "muffin top" effect.)

Asking Price: $600
    To purchase or view higher quality pictures, please visit: http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3842817
  5. Me

Me New Member

For this week, all gowns are unavailable for online purchase, because all gowns will be available for try-on or purchase at the consignment booth at the regional USA Dance qualifier in Baton Rouge, LA. (Both the Gumbo Dancesport Championships and the Louisiana Challenge). I hope to see you there! :)
  6. Me

Me New Member

Hello! Dresses are now available for online purchase. I sold the butterfly smooth gown, and the black w/ red fringe swarovski tango gown, but the others are still available for sale. :)
  7. Irit

Irit New Member

Astonished novice

The hand work is amazing! I am speechless. Do you have also gowns for 8 year olds?
  8. Me

Me New Member

Thank you for the kind words Irit. :) The jewlery is all my own work, but the gowns are made by other designers. I do a great deal of work to restore them to like-new condition before I sell them, but the design and craftsmanship is the fine work of some very skilled dance artists. :)

I do have access to gowns that a petit 8-year old outgrew. I will ask the parents if they would like to put them up for sale.
  9. Me

Me New Member

Bright Hyacinth w/ Swarovski & Ostrich Feathers - American Smooth Ballroom Dance Dress

[​IMG]

This used ballroom dance dress is in EXCELLENT, like-new condition. It appears brand new!

This gown is a bright and beautiful and almost day-glo Hyacinth! The gown is made from a very fine, high quality stretch lycra, with ostrich feather boa, Swarovski, and skirts of lycra and chiffon. This dress has a built-in body suit, but no bra cups - However, the dress provides ample coverage to conceal a full bra. I recommend Victoria's Secret for maximum support and a smooth fit with no lines on the back.

[​IMG]

The dress has many beautiful Swarovski rhinestones in Hyacinth AB, sizes 20ss and 30ss along the top right shoulder and into the bodice. This dress features a drop waist "belt" that is generously stoned in Hyacinth AB 20ss and 30ss. It hangs low to the hips and is extremely flattering and elongates the torso. Also, there are several large and beautiful sew-on Swarovski stones on the bodice and on the belt. An estimated 20 gross of Swarovski went into this gown. The left shoulder has a full ostrich feather dyed to match the gown exactly. The feathers are light and fluffy and appear brand new - no bent feathers or clumps. The boa cascades down the shoulder and hangs to the hem of the skirt. The dress is form fitting until it hits the upper thigh, where it flares beautifully into skirts of lycra and chiffon - Perfect for American smooth!

[​IMG]

Also included is a beautiful matching bracelet made of the same fabric as the gown, generously stoned in Hyacinth AB and features several of the large sew-on Swarovski that adorn the bodice.

[​IMG]

Lastly, a brand new matching hair accessory comes with this gown! Made in Swarovski Crystal AB and Hyacinth AB, the design compliments the design of the gown, and is stunning!

This dress has an amazing amount of stretch, and can easily fit a dancer who is a size 6-10. I am a 4-6 and this gown was loose on me.

Bust: 40"
    Waist: 32"
    Hips: 40"

Shoulder to hem measurement: 52 inches

Asking Price: $650.00

To purchase or view higher quality pictures, please visit: http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=3791320
  10. Me

Me New Member

I've been asked for clarification - This hyacinth gown is suitable for International and American. The feathers cascade down the back of the shoulder to the length of the hem of the skirt. The feathers never got in my way. I wore this dress for a cabaret quickstep routine (with a bit of tap thrown in) in the style of black and white movies. In fact, the song we danced to was the "No Strings" by Fred Astaire. :)
  11. Me

Me New Member

This dress is SOLD, pending receipt of payment.
  12. Me

Me New Member

13. Me

Me New Member

I've sweetened the deal! I am adding a pair of brand-new clip-on Swarovski earrings.

[​IMG]

Several people have expressed interest in this gown. Maybe this will help make some minds up. :)

To purchase or view higher quality pictures, please visit: http://ballroomjewelry.ecrater.com/p...hp?pid=3791320
  14. Me

Me New Member

This gown is available on eBay, and already has an opening bid placed, here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110418793366&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Autumn Sunset Ballroom Dance Dress w/ Swarovski

This dress is a size 2-6 and is perfect for a girl up to 5'8" tall.

This dress is in EXCELLENT used condition. No tears, stains, or other indications of problem. This gown has been professionally cleaned and restoned. Everybody will think you are wearing a brand-new gown!

This one of a kind gown has only been worn a couple of times. Perfect for American smooth, the clean and simple design allows for a maximum range of unhibited arm styling and body movement.

This gown has a built-in body suit w/ bra cups (size b). The torso is generously decorated with Swarovski Crystal in a myriad of colors and sizes to create a warm sunset glow - Siam, Light Siam, Hyacinth, and Jonquil. The torso has a sash that cascades over the front and ties as the right hip. The sash, stoned in jonquil swarovski, cascades down into the shirts. The skirts are two circles of sunset red silk.

As a special bonus, a brand-new hair accessory designed to match the dress will be included.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. Me

Me New Member

This dress is currently bid to $398.00 and has six dancers watching it. :)

Only one day left for bidding, so please let me know if you are interested or have any questions. [​IMG]
  16. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

hmmmm, how is it possible that this EXACT SAME GOWN is now advertised on ballroomdancers.com for $500? :confused:
  17. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Maybe the previous owner never took the ad down? Curiouser and curioser. ;)
  18. Me

Me New Member

:doh:

Doh!

Well... maybe they're putting it up for sale because they only want to wear it for one event, and want to go ahead and start getting leads on buyers because sometimes it can take months to sell a gown? And... maybe they've marked it up so they'll have some room to haggle?

I admit that it does look pretty funny, though. :)
  19. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH My husband still has an ad on brd.com from before we were married - NINE YEARS ago. He's forgotten his log-in, lol.
  20. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

HA, now it's listed for $600. Did she even RECEIVE the gown from you yet?