was curious as to why fencing is a gold rumba move

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by famfam, Dec 12, 2011.

1. famfam

famfam Member

sure, i understand why fan is included at a lower level (you need to do a few other things, and it's a staple of cha cha and rumba).

so in that explanation, they developed fencing later and were like lets just stick it in somewhere...how about gold? if so, would it not make sense to re-do the syllabus and put things "where they belong"

it would make more logical sense, and you could sell more books! in actuality, maybe it's just a nightmare to reteach everyone?

2. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

You apparently arent familiar with the " bodies " that make those types of decisions. They are pretty much entrenched in the long standing make up.

As to logic.. theres often a lack of it. :confused:

3. Meagan

Meagan Active Member

I'm still going with my cringe test...if the thought of seeing newcomers doing the step makes you cringe then it shouldn't be there :p there goes any fencing...

This is not to say that I agree with all step placements in the syllabus, but usually where I disagree is to move steps up higher not the other way :rolleyes: but maybe that's so I don't have to be the bad guy and say you can't do that yet!

Tangotime, thoughtful post as always :D