wearing dance shoes in regular life? (ladies)

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by lemonade, Aug 24, 2009.

1. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

That how I justified buying multiple pairs in BsAs -- they'll be my dress shoes for the next ten years! :)
  2. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Yep. At the risk of sounding like a shill for CiF, I figure I can easily spend $80 on a pair of crappy, OK-looking, dress shoes that will hurt, be hard to walk in, and won't hold up (not that I'd really want them to). And that pretty much look like every other woman's dress shoes.

Or, I can spend $230 and get a gorgeous pair that I can dance in, can walk in, are comfortable (well, standing kinda hurts after a while if it's on hard floors), and are utterly unique. And I can use them for dance shoes. And I can wear them with jeans, suits and skirts. Well worth the extra $$ IMO.
  3. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

That's my sentiment, too. The most expensive non-dance pair I ever owned was around $50, maybe $60, I think I might have had a pair of sneakers which cost $60, but I am not sure. My dance shoes are at least twice that amount. Sure I could wear them around when they're no longer good enough for dancing, but by that time they usually look too gross to wear anywhere outside the house.
  4. jennyisdancing

jennyisdancing Active Member

I was afraid to wear my CIF's outside since I wanted to protect them, but I haven't danced that much AT lately, so I started using them for street wear. They are gorgeous and unique, I agree. And I got my latest pair for $140 on clearance from Maleva shoes. :D

My other dance shoes (ballroom/latin shoes) have suede soles so I can't wear them outside. I've worn my dance sneakers outside since they have rubber soles.
  5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

I don't know about suede, but CiFs are pretty hardy. If you think about it, the soles are no different than a lot of men's dress shoes: leather. You'd be surprised how much abuse they can take.

And as an extra bonus, you can still dance in them...just scuff them on clean pavement to clean them, then brush off the dirt by walking across a bit of carpet, and you're good to go.
  6. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

I have a pair of Tango shoes. Those are a beautiful pair, but not wearing much cause I don't do Argentine Tango that much. So I might use them for my outings. :rolleyes:
  7. lemonade

lemonade New Member

Is it relatively easy to just have a shoe repair place add a leather sole over the suede one to increase their life?