Went on a date with someone from dance, I need some advice

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Backstreet, Jun 18, 2007.

1. meow

meow New Member

I wouldn't play games of any sort. Just be your normal self and if she likes you, she likes you. If not, move on. Game playing is asking for trouble and someone usually ends up getting hurt. If she is playing games just see how confused you are! Be honest about who you are and do what is natural for you, not what others may do.
    I do agree with Quixotedlm, stop txting. Either ask her out face to face or phone her. You will soon have your answer to your question.
  2. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

If you learn AT, then you will get stuck in a worse rut. You won't be able to date non AT-ers becuase they can't dance. And you won't be able to date AT-ers because of the dance-scene-drama-potential... You'll be stuck in a permanent rut like spectator is ;)
  3. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Personal observation...maybe not a universal truism, but in my experience this is how it is..

The older someone is (generally late 30's or early 40's), the more likely that s/he is open to direct courtship sans any games. I have the easiest time asking out slightly older women and knowing what they are thinking about me..

With the younger crowd (20's, early 30's, i've no experience with teens to share..), it is always more game-playing, coy and drawn out, and mostly unwilling to be open about feelings... it is almost as if they wont' directly say if they are interested, and won't easily say they are NOT interested either.. both becuase they are trying to spare your or their own feelings..

With age comes the wisdom that you don't have this life forever, and that beign dis/interested is not the end of the world... Seems like late 20's to mid-30's is the time in one's life when this wisdom starts dawning...
  4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

listen to this man....I have fallen head over heels for him and he could be a troll under a bridge
  5. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Is the lady in question popular and socially adept? If so, I would say she could be playing the game with you.

If the lady is more on the shy or reserved side, I would say that her behavior during the class could be her trying to read your intentions correctly.

In either case, it sounds like you need to do have more interactions with the lady in question to figure it out.
  6. Backstreet

Backstreet New Member

Hmm, well I have to compare her to other girls at the studio and classes. I would say that outside the studio she could be fairly popular. When we went out she did run into two people she knew and said hello as we passed by. (Didn't chat to them so maybe it was just people she seen from school)

As for her being shy, she definitely isn't one of the most chatty in class. I don't know if this constitutes as being shy or not. It is like in class there are some girls that are just so loud and talkitive that you know them. She is more on the quiet side unless engaged. I know there was even one friend of mine (Perry, who is a girl) that didn't even know her name and they had class together for a while. Perry is fairly out going so I am guessing she just never spoke and never lended a situation for them to talk.

There is ONE BIG part I COMPLETELY forgot to mention. (And I thought about it so maybe she is jaded)

About a month ago (Or 1.5 months) she was dumped by her boyfriend. She was pretty upset by it saying he "F-ed" her over and that he had a new girlfriend immediatly after. I assume this means he was seeing someone else on the side and dumped her for this new girl.

She could be jaded or defensive over this too. Thoughts?
  7. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You're her rebound...
  8. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Do you do much panting?
  9. fascination

I still say...several unanswered texts = go away....sorry...hope I am wrong
  10. Backstreet

Backstreet New Member

It was just one actually. (Not saying you are wrong)
  11. fascination

thought I read that you tried her at least a few times...meh, could have been via phone ...anyhow, it seems that you are very interested and hopeful...so I would just be direct otherwise you could be in for a long confusing journey
  12. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

I usually think of this phrase from murphys laws:
    Code:
    looks * availability * intelligence = constant 
    This constant always equals zero.
  13. fascination

uh...and would you please point to the men for whom this is constant?
  14. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

It's not my invention. The site I saw this on didn't mention men, but I guess it could be valid for them too.
  15. fascination

lol, I think so
  16. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

Edited the post accordingly...
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i would add "chemistry" as one of the variables... have had so many experiences where all the rest is there but not that piece...
  18. Sabor

Sabor New Member

smart woman
  19. fascination

:doh:am i that frightening?
  20. Ron Obvious

Ron Obvious New Member

Well, chemistry can't be defined by the object alone, can it? It's interaction between two persons, and therefore depends of who's doing the 'measurement'

...runs for shelter...