West Coast Swing

Discussion in 'Videos' started by GJB, Jan 31, 2007.

1. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

Anything that teaches you how to spot would be perfect!

2. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

GJB: Liberty was VERY fun when I went in '06. But it was also a great hotel right on the water overlooking downtown Manhattan from Jersey City... It's not there anymore.

JD: Some of the westie girls don't spot. Also, I am quite sure figure skaters don't - no way you can spot going that fast!

3. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

What is "spot" ?

4. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Avoiding getting dizzy from turning by turning the head only after the body has almost completed a full turn.

5. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I took Max and Yulia there several years ago to compete in the show dance. The won with their Bird number. Audience went wild ! The WCS crowd is a great audience!

With the lineup John has I'm sure it will be fun this year too ! Are you sure you can't go. You could take some Standard lessons during the day and dance WCS at night and really make a trip of it !

6. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Like in ballet pivots, right?

7. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

Maybe, if I can convince my partner to go we can and take with GG while we're there;) The hotel is probably sold out by now, though:(

I heard about Max and Yulia in 2006 (they went and won it in 2005, right?) when I went:) People who attended (since they attend all the events) kept talking about "that ballroom couple that won last year", lol...

8. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

You can always find another hotel.

I'm losing track of time but it was probably around 2005 that M&Y danced there.

9. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

10. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

11. contracheck

contracheck New Member

It looks like you have a vast collection of dance tapes, dance books, and dance magazines under the sun. If I need any dance reference, I am going to go to you.

12. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

awesome, just luv it

14. samina

samina Well-Known Member

luv when the boundaries blur between WCS & hustle...

15. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

16. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

17. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

18. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

19. samina

samina Well-Known Member

20. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member