What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Here's a place to record whatever it is you're excited about in your dancing right now.

It could be anything; a large or small accomplishment, a new learning, meeting a goal, meeting a new person, plans for the future, whatever....
  2. latingal

cha-cha and samba are moving forward!!! yay!
  3. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Active Member

Waltz has improved a lot over the past year!
  4. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

My kick-ball changes in jive look much better...somehow I've figured out what my standing leg and knee are supposed to be doing. Slow waltz is getting better too...
  5. mygoldfish

mygoldfish New Member

I'm excited because on Monday my tango and cha cha class starts. I'm so excited to learn new dances!
  6. kckc

kckc Active Member

I'll be competing in Smooth for the first time in a few months! yeah! I like Smooth!
  7. mjnemeth

mjnemeth Member

Starting beginners 2 shag with my wife on tuesday (I took beg. 1 3 times).
    Excited because I found I like shag better that WCS, finding it easy to do.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

partnering and musicality
  9. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

More expressiveness overall- using my body in new ways to show emotion - following David Hamilton's advice to let the motion become the emotion and the emotion become the motion.
  10. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Info from some great coaching we had recently...and the prospect of maybe getting some part of it to really stick throughout our dancing.
  11. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Aside from QS, which we've done for awhile, starting to learn some Standard stuff. I like it! Actually, I think I like it better than Smooth, but we'll see when the novelty wears off...
  12. Ladybird

Ladybird Member

Getting my first dresses from the dressmaker last week to wear to my first ever comp in May.

Switching to two teachers instead of one is improving my follow really quickly.

Spins and turns getting loads better.

The 'nasty girls' at the studio deciding to start being rude to me. It would really have got to me before I started dancing as am so shy and always nice to them. Now I realise I'm a threat - bring it on! :D

L
  13. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

Loving my open bolero much better than closed! And SO EXCITED for a tango show number coming mid-Jan. WOOT.
  14. Aura

Aura Active Member

My Cuban Motion is improving greatly. Yay! I'm also improving in my Waltz. Here's hoping I can test out of one of my Bronze levels soon.
  15. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Just started smooth lessons and am so excited for some legitimate instruction! I already feel like I've gotten a bunch better.
  16. ktia85

ktia85 Member

Been working on V. waltz and bolero and will be competing in March for the first time since last July! Yay! :)
  17. latingal

got a great compliment from a world class coach....cloud nine!!
  18. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

Latingal - congrats on the compliment! What did they say if you don't mind sharing? : )
  19. latingal

Thanks dancerdol!! The coach turned to my partner and said he was very lucky to have me as a follower because she led me while she was putting together some open choreography for us and didn't have to say a word, I just followed - correctly!

LOL....my pro-am instructor trained me well, it was one of my big weaknesses when I came to him - I danced so much by myself I couldn't really follow a lead - my arm and body were disconnected and I wasn't "sensitive"....
  20. latingal

btw, love how this thread is shaping up!! it's fun to hear what everybody is excited about - big or small!!