What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. jjs914

jjs914 Active Member

Congrats 3wishes!
  2. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

I bought another dress. (I should not go dress shopping after watching "The Hunger Games." I'm not going to top a gown that is literally ON FIRE, though I admit, this one comes close.)

If I'm going to do Standard, and the judges are going to hate it, by God am I going to give them something to look at that they can't ignore.
  3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

THAT! heh heh heh:banana:
  4. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Wow, 3 wishes, congratulations! Glad you are back!
  5. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Rumba walks...finally, finally, FINALLY look right!!!

Hallelujah, it only took 7 years! My pro has the patience of a saint....
  6. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Good for you dear. I learned them pretty quickly...
  7. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Good for you Latingal!
  8. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Do you think that USA Dance would count that as a lighting effect for syllabus wear? :D
  9. danceronice

I'm going with "yes", considering they don't let you wear ANYTHING fun for syllabus (I wonder if anyone's ever considered dancing naked in protest...or in body paint. Hey, as long as it's matte, not glossy, that's not a reflective effect, right?)
  10. Griffico

Griffico Member

They have limits as to how much chest and crotch can show, too, as some couples can attest from 2011 nationals :)
  11. stash

stash Well-Known Member

A silver Foxtrot routine that was given to us a week ago, and is already feeling good... Except for the stupid hover cross -_- But other than that it should be ready for the next competition :D
  12. dancerman

dancerman Active Member

Excited to be doing my first competition with Super Shag in almost 5 years. the last one was Manhattan July 4th weekend 2007. Mama Mia, Brian is due and Brian is going.
    I committed to this a few months ago and my 100% supportive partner Danielle Mayzes of Super shag Waltham would not have it any other way. She put my name on the list 3 months ago when I mentioned it to her.
    This is a milestone year for me in many ways and if I don't do it now I may never. So good or bad I'm going and I am going to kick some butt.

It's incredible how much I have missed competing and never really had a chance to kick it up. This is on my bucket list.
  13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

You sound super excited, dancerman! Good luck! :-D
  14. dancerman

dancerman Active Member

I usually only get butterflies when I fall in love (1-2X month).
    These ones just won't go away.
    I am due Due DUE.
    and thanks.
    I absolutely love my instructor even if some of our lessons go like a Sesame Street show. :bouncy:
    Of course, that's what I need and she knows it. Seriously, she makes me laugh even when she is tearing down my dancing.
    :rolleyes:
    Dancerman, future hall of famer

15. danceronice

You rock, Brian! Wish I could be there to cheer you in person!
  16. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Thanks 3wishes....it's still exciting! Getting all the elements together of leg/foot action, body action, cuban action and the beauty and ease of the walk that it deserves has been a long time coming! Pro actually commented that my rumba is now at a pro level!
  17. dancerman

dancerman Active Member

OMG How the heck are you. Thank you so much. Danielle is amazing and I am really looking forward to this event. Hope you are still dancing.....
    :cheers:

18. danceronice

Just ask Tibor...he and Kathy thoroughly kicked my butt. (In my own defense, I was dancing with a pro I've barely ever danced with as my regular teacher's injured.)
  19. stash

stash Well-Known Member

And from Mid-Atlantic 2012 as well :p
  20. mjnemeth

mjnemeth Member

Im excited about forming a dance society on Hilton Head Isand! I looked into it for a while but now I found some interested in the project. Talk once and she plans to call again this weekend. She teachs dance, freelance I believe, so know more about the dance scene here than I. Going to refer me to couple other people she knows.