What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. kckc

kckc Active Member

woohoo!

I've just started smooth and I really like it, and this is what I'm excited about in my dancing right now. I figure getting up at oh-god-thirty is incentive to really hunker down and move up the ranks, even if it is only to full bronze :)
  2. Ladybird

Ladybird Member

Wow, I'm flexible - REALLY flexible for a 33 year old. Didn't realise, but one of my teachers went through posture for a few 'bendy' moves today, which helped me achieve great lines with ease - really beautiful contrachecks, some great kicks in foxtrot, some amazing stuff in rumba.

Of course, that's nothing without technique, but I'm really excited at what is possible.
  3. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

I'm heading to my first comp at the end of this week! Very excited!!!
  4. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

congrats SWM! Hope you have a great experience!
  5. donavan12cute

donavan12cute New Member

This coming august is our intramural and I am so very excited because I will dance Latin Category which is the cha-cha,rumba,jive and samba ! :)

so excited :)
  6. latingal

Welcome to DF donavan12cute!
  7. latingal

figuring out this energy thing....it's going down I tell you!!! (ummm....figuratively and literally)
  8. latingal

....so much for being optimistic and positive - LOL!
  9. novemberecho

novemberecho Member

A really great new instructor, who keeps the criticism to my dancing, and not me personally. Previously I could never get past a certain degree of tension (always waiting for the axe to fall on my head). Now I can relax, and not only am I able to absorb more information, but my body suddenly works in ways it never would before. I am sooooo excited. :)
  10. latingal

Welcome to DF novemberecho!
  11. BreAna

BreAna Member

i'm excited for my new rhythm dress! It's supposed to arrive today or tomorrow! And then there's a comp a few days before I head back to school!
  12. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

I'll be dancing my Mary Poppins routine at Vol State tonight. This'll be my first time dancing a showdance at a competition.
  13. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Thats so exciting! Be sure to post pictures when it gets here!!!!

New standard shoes came today. Just switched from supadance to ray rose. Had to order them online because there is no store that sells them nearby and they fit-better than the supas! So pumped for my lesson tonight!
  14. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

lol...currently?...that I am done til next tues or wed...I cannot freaking walk
  15. latingal

I am oh so excited about being covered in slimy spray tan from head to foot....oh goody. *rolls eyes*
  16. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Just had a lesson in a brand new pair of shoes! They feel like they'll definitely be an upgrade once I get used to them, but most of the lesson I just felt like I was working on not clomping places.
    Worked on some tango stuff, which I understood (and am excited for), and some waltz stuff, which I didn't understand (less excited for)....
  17. novemberecho

novemberecho Member

thank you!
  18. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Welcome to DF Novemberecho!
    My excitment? dancing on a brand new floating floor - asked ballroom sisters and watched how it felt,,,,they chimed "no pain in ankle, knees or hips" we all have some sort of form of arthritis....Can't wait to get on that floor!!!! and dance again.
  19. latingal

I think I found what I was looking for when it comes to internal focus!!
  20. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Building stamina back up and learning new figures in Smooth for Open~! I could leap for joy (but can't) even with 4 more weeks of healing to be had. Paint me Happy.