What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. mygoldfish

mygoldfish New Member

latingal, congrats! Doesn't it feel great to get compliments like that?

Which reminds me, I'm also super excited because I followed correctly too - for a whole song, while my partner was leading me through an...interesting...mix of bachata and cha cha. (We like to call it Bachacha. lol.) It thrills me so much...since I've been dancing mostly with leads who don't know how to dance in my dance classes, and since I at least kind of know what I'm doing, I usually end up correcting them and definitely anticipating the moves since our instructor tells us a specific set of moves to do in order. That means I've spent almost no time at all just learning to follow instead of leading "leads" through new steps. But now I'm finally getting the hang of shutting up and listening and following and it feels so good! This has been one of my biggest issues so I'm really glad to finally be getting the hang of it.

2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

thanks goldfish, it was great to hear a compliment like that....congrats to you too!!

3. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

We're having a 'mix and match' team competition--the pros are the team captains and we students get put on teams by drawing. Since NP and his wife are judging, I get to dance with one of the other two male pros I don't normally--it'll be fun, no matter who I draw! (Though for their sake, I hope I get assigned something like Cha Cha, Viennese, and Waltz. My luck, it'll be Tango, Rumba, and Foxtrot--Tango's so-so but I cannot get their routines for the latter two through my head.)

4. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I'm excited that I seem to be moving up the levels pretty quickly, but I am afraid that it may be too quickly! Time will tell!

5. latingal

excited today for lessons, taking a samba pass back from our amateur routine that's very cool, but we can't quite get through....thinking if we can nail this one, we'll have a pretty awesome long wall!

6. kckc

kckc Active Member

woohoo! Just had a lesson in smooth, and managed to keep my head in the proper place almost the whole time. Baby steps...

7. mygoldfish

mygoldfish New Member

Excited that I have another outlet for my dance! Found a friend who also loves to dance and we're teaching each other what we know =]

SUPER excited that I re-taught myself Viennese waltz last night when he and I were dancing!! OMG soooo much fun...I've missed it so much. And I think I fixed the thing I used to do wrong! (apparently I wasn't originally taught it quite right.)

Excited for dance class and club to start back up next week.

8. Aura

Aura Active Member

You're so lucky! I wish I could find a really close friend to dance with me. Almost ready to Test out of Bronze I, which is pretty good for me because it's taken me over a year to get to this point.

9. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

This may not count... but I am excited whenever I get to go into the studio and dance. It is just so enjoyable to do, and even if I am feeling tired or concerned about some life issue, once I start dancing I have that moment in time when everything is alright.

10. billman

billman Active Member

Started planning for the Colorado Star Ball... what dances with which partners. I am excited about that!

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

love this thread idea, LG! :)

for my part, am excited to have access soon to a free practice floor. and that my rumba walks & turns are completely different from what they used to be...a world more grounded and balanced than ever before. opens up whole new possibilities...

12. latingal

Hey, it works for me.....

13. latingal

Yay!! so glad you're finally getting to get back to it sam!!

14. MissSongbird

MissSongbird Member

Practicing for competition. It's making me so excited and I'm so eager on learning all these new things. The one thing I'm very excited about working on is my Tango frame. It's getting so much better!

15. gracie

gracie Active Member

Brought out and tried on all dresses for upcoming comp and happy with decisions on which ones to wear for what and that this decision was made in plenty of time.

16. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

Welcome to DF MissSongbird!

17. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

latingal - congrats again on the compliment from the coach! It must make you feel good to realize that all of your hard work is taking you further towards your goals!

18. latingal

+1....

19. latingal

thanks dancerdol! we so rarely hear the good feedback about our progress from those we respect, whether it's because it's not given or it's lost amongst the corrections we're receiving....for some reason, this one stuck. it is nice to hear!!

20. Loveablestef

Loveablestef New Member

I'm excited to be doing a Latin Rumba for a showcase in February. My first one ever! Also, I am excited that my instructor is not holding back. He's putting all sorts of tough choreography and tricks in it. He believes in my abilities more than I do sometimes and it feels great to be supported like that.