What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. bia

bia Well-Known Member

At our last lesson, I got a much higher percentage of the corrections than normal (compared to DH). And DH out of the blue suggested scheduling extra lessons and practice. Any minute now I'm going to have to stop contributing to the skill gap threads!
  2. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

Getting to work with Mayo Alanen as a coach.
  3. little_mouse

little_mouse Member

After moving cross-country, had to start with a new studio/new teacher. We are going back to basics--umm...like from 5 years ago. Even though I'm going waaay back to the beginning, I'm excited about this knowing that I'm on a path to become a better dancer. It's only been a short time w/new pro but I trust this instructor fully. Let the (re)learning commence!
  4. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Had a great time at my first comp last weekend! First showcase is this weekend. Experiencing some new magic with frame/connection this week! :D
  5. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

progress.....
  6. foxtrotgirl

foxtrotgirl New Member

taking up latin again :)
  7. singndance

singndance Well-Known Member

Learning Paso...I have never done any Latin.
  8. latingal

exploring ways to get out of my head and into my body!!
  9. stash

stash Well-Known Member

That things are feeling 1000x better. Frame feels better, bigger, and stable. Waltz and foxtrot feel like a real dance, rather than just steps. I think I'm finally getting foxtrot sway. :D
  10. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Could it be that I am actually enjoying jive?
  11. latingal

getting back to a technique change I had to delay to prepare for a comp....hitting it hard now, and hope to have it somewhat working by the next comp....we'll see!
  12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

excited that I am enjoying the dancing again and that it feel more like partner dance lately, and that it feels good...seems like 4 years has been a real milepost for the dancing to seem to have produced an understanding of how to dance with this pro...
  13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I am not in good enough shape for open quickstep but OMG I'm learning open quickstep!!
  14. latingal

I understand what I'm supposed to be trying to achieve....the first step in achieving it!
  15. latingal

small tastes of what could be to come.....lovely!!
  16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yea...I can't put a finger on it...except to say that it is better ...more organic and free and responsive...
  17. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

Did my showcase over the weekend, was very fun and successful! I enjoyed it more than i thought it would. I can't get to the photos section - page not found - when it comes up, i'll post a pic or two!
  18. latingal

newest correction in the arsenal is proving to be a real game changer!!
  19. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Started dancing again - without pain - Pro had noticed and stated several times in the last week "wow, your really moving, your hips are THERE" lol....funny how a much needed surgery also fixed my dancing ability. YES!
  20. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

transforming...