What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

it is simply clicking along nicely...I just feel that we are in a very good space

2. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

I am quite happy that my "toolbox" is growing...

Great coaching session today and I found that it is becoming easier for me to understand correction and use my toolbox to pull off changes coach is asking me to make.
    (of course this is a coach I have used for years and I just get him, we communicate well)

And then this...I am moving onto a different place in dance. Sometimes it is hard but sometimes not so much so... I am being taught to stop thinking about all the technique I have been taught and instead just listen and match pro. The idea of course is that the technique is there so I no longer have to think about it. It is becoming quite liberating!
    The coach expressed that this is also a learned skill and challenged me to spend a good 5-10 minutes of each session developing my listening skill.

My pro is the type of guy that loves all kind of facts and information. He told me he read an article that the highest spirtiual monk can only concentrate ore meditate on one thought completely for 8 seconds. LOL, why would I think I could concentrate on the tons of stuff in my head any longer. I think the point was stop thinking!

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Excited about new Gold Standard pattern. A little confused, but very excited.

4. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

being led out of the technical quagmire that is my brain....LOL!

5. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Awesome coaching today. So great when someone can give you so much good information in a double lesson span. I feel that I have some great new things to add to my dances... let's see if I can incorporate them over the next two weeks before USDC.

6. latingal

raspberry chocolate chip gelato...my reward for slogging through a long lonely practice today....

7. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

to be back on the dance floor after months of severe... I mean unbelievable, pain, then casts and crutches, then braces and canes, now just wraps (and a brace for resting in the eves).

8. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

It's clicking, it's clicking, it's clicking!! Starting to feel like I'm actually dancing, not just running through routines. Funny how much more time I seem to have to play and have fun when I...well, play and have fun, and don't eat up all that time thinking.

9. latingal

So excited with the direction things are going in right now in my dancing (and I'm enjoying it now cuz these times are usually few and far between - LOL!).

Great work and new discoveries with my pro. Proving to myself that the work has paid off!

Pro deserves major kudos - I haven't had this much fun and progress in my latin dancing with any of my former latin pros - well - EVER.

10. fascination

that is awesome..so happy for you....been feeling alot of that myself lately as well...not today...but alot lately...

11. latingal

thanks fasc!! am sure things will get back on track for you pronto! hang in there!

12. fascination

yea...they don't even feel off track per se...just sort of flat or interrupted....i still feel good about it

13. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I'm excited that I can even dance right now!

14. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

This is super exciting!

15. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Yes!

16. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

Started some Silver waltz today, yippee! :)

17. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Today I felt I was actually "dancing" rather than just placing my feet and body in the correct places.. if that makes any sense.....

18. fascination

excellent

19. latingal

Great!

20. latingal

Trusting the body to do what it's been trained to do, finding the wisdom contained therein, and discovering ways to let go....