What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Love this....

2. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

Had a lovely smooth lesson yesterday, fixing little things with my feet that made a big difference overall! Also, decided that as much as I love love love competing, I can't afford to do what I wanted to do next year with routines and dresses and lessons and such. After another look at my budget, it's come down to getting the remaining of my open routines for rhythm and smooth choreo'd and learned and nothing but lessons all next year. And I am surprisingly okay with that. Will make my husband happy, too, as it will be well under budget then. And all of that makes me excited again!

3. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

Starting to return to Gold Standard, remembered some, forgot other parts....excited about learning technique again in a relaxed atmoshphere.

4. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

the possibilities on the horizon!

GGinrhinestones likes this.
  5. latingal

finally feeling like the dancing is approaching a level that's worth watching.....man that took forever....

6. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I want to watch! :)

7. latingal

LOL!! Thanks DM!

8. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

No need to watch. Only to bask in your presence in hope that something will rub off, O Great Sensei latingal.

9. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I don't know. I am probably the one needing to bask. :)

10. latingal

LOL...you guys surely know how to turn a gal's head. Thank you both for making my day!! :)

11. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Transitioning into a new period of dancing for me. Dancing smooth for the first time in a very long time...and it feels like coming home. Am excited about all things dancing for the first time in a LONG time - cannot wait for more!!

debmc, chomsky and latingal like this.
  12. latingal

breakthrough type lesson yesterday, love those! understanding the boundaries that constrain the movement in latin is helping both the picture in the dancing and the stability!

13. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

in the middle of a dance break...I had a dance with a teacher that was so revealing and so deep...I never thought it was possible to feel that way again. I'm so relieved I lived once again this experience!

14. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Starting over, in a way, and I feel like a kid in a candy store - can't get enough! Technique, patterns, solo or together, doesn't matter. Drinking from a fire hose and loving every second of it.

15. latingal

love it when pieces seem to be falling in to place....when long hours and aching feet seem to finally pay off. to finally reach a point that the dancing feels solid, stable and performed with much more ease.

chomsky likes this.
  16. Chicago2012

Chicago2012 New Member

dancing with your partner instead of next to them is an amazing feeling!

17. latingal

Welcome to DF Chicago2012!

18. latingal

Looking back over the last year and seeing how the journey has unfolded, how far I've come and the progress that has been made!

19. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

My first comp with my new am partner is this weekend. Very exciting stuff. :)

20. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Good luck Jude!