What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

ditto...

as to excitement...guess I haven't been excited in a while so it is about time; excited to be dancing, rather than pounding the hell out of my choreography...looking forward to more and more of what that means as it was the reason I started dancing to begin with...I am very very glad that I have and will continue to get very solid technical instruction, but I do think it is time to pick this element back up from where I left it behind and begin to feel it again

GGinrhinestones and latingal like this.
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

improvements in cuban motion!

gracie and ajiboyet like this.
  3. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Quickstep is really beginning to feel good. Including the promenade runs. :D

JudeMorrigan likes this.
  4. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Excited about possibly doing 2 numbers in our upcoming showcase. I won't get to compete this year so I need something to keep my lessons motivated and on track. Plus, I'm thinking I'll do a quickstep for one of them, super excited about that :)

latingal likes this.
  5. latingal

rounds!

Wannabee likes this.
  6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

lots of new corrections and old ones that I am actually ready to understand in a new way

gracie and latingal like this.
  7. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Going to start leading- I have my first lesson today and first comp in two weeks!!! Plus, I"m leading a girl who has the same name is me... double trouble!

8. mj

mj New Member

made a new friend at the studio and going to be practising with her tonight..

Gorme and gracie like this.
  9. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I'm actually excited about not competing until next year. This is the first period of time since I've started that there has not been a comp in the horizon,and it feels good to take lessons and practice and focus just on dancing, not on an upcoming competition.

GGinrhinestones and latingal like this.
  10. latingal

Welcome to DF mj!!

11. OreganO

OreganO Member

My coach has had no criticism and a lot of compliments about my dancing this semester. Apparently I've been getting a lot of back and latin action in all the right places. When I asked about competing up a level at upcoming comps, he told me that I was definitely ready for it. Yay! :)

ajiboyet likes this.
  12. latingal

better projection and presence!!

13. gracie

gracie Active Member

New open choreography from coach today!

14. latingal

better rhythmicality in samba....yay!!

15. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Finally over the post-comp burnout from last weekend. Started samba rolls in my lesson this week... something I've been looking forwards to since the beginning!!!

16. latingal

experiencing more consistently the mental state that enhances my dancing....

debmc likes this.
  17. LordBallroom

LordBallroom Member

I'm discovering more fully the role that posture plays in terms of being able to execute movements. I'm seeing that as your body becomes more aligned, the movements look and feel more natural

18. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Rounds at the end of a hour and a half lesson are hard!

19. latingal

developing a belief in the skills you've trained to develop a mastery of over the years...

20. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

I'm going to my second comp next week, very excited about the progress I've made since my first comp back in July!