What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

you can collect your dance at the night in havana social on sunday!!

2. regis

regis Active Member

I used to think so too. Now that I've have picked up a few more moves it isn't so bad!

3. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Being able to dance without thinking about everything I'm doing wrong...LOL!

4. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Hip action in cha cha lock steps is much more fluid, and less jerky...not perfect, but there's some improvement.

5. Jenny Driscoll

Jenny Driscoll New Member

DH and I reached a bit of a plateau and spent the past month re-evaluating where we are vs. where we want to be. We decided on a change in instructors and have narrowed it down to a choice of two. We'll make a final decision this week and feel that making this change is getting us excited once again!

chomsky and ajiboyet like this.
  6. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

It looks like there will be room for me to do a little smooth at my next comp... first time competing in smooth... feels abit odd to have a first again.... first time at rhythm when I started, first time at latin a couple of years ago, now first time at smooth....

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  7. Mr 4 styles

standard is next!!!

8. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

I seem to have really blossomed in the last year in WCS. I started doing Jack & Jills again (after 12 years) and am doing well. I get to dance with a lot of really good dancers, and they like it, and I get a lot of compliments. I feel like I've just taken huge strides in the past year, and it feels really good! Although yesterday I sat down with a coach and went over a comp video and she gave me things to work on that will totally screw me up for a while until I get them incorporated. Daunting in the short term, exciting in the long term!

debmc and Mr 4 styles like this.
  9. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

I don't think so.... I'll leave the 4 styles to you and Fasc!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I'd be cool with dropping rhythm :)

debmc likes this.
  11. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

You do very well in rhythm Fasc. Is that your least favorite style?

12. fascination

yes, but he maintains that it might be my best because I don't try so hard...very.annoying

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  13. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

That's always the way it works, isn't it? The style you care about the least, becomes your best style!

Mr 4 styles likes this.
  14. fascination

then again, used to hate standard and it now is arguably the most improved, and possibly my best (and I am enjoying it...gasp), smooth is having to fight to get back there...but this week was promising....latin, well, that is another story all together...I mark quite well in it most of the time, but I am currently ambivelent....things are always shifting in my dance life...a sign I think of his skill and my dedication...

chomsky likes this.
  15. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Yes, when you have a pro that is skilled at all 4 dances, it makes it hard to choose! I had decided to stick to latin, then I added smooth, lately I have been missing rhythm, but standard?.... I don't think so.....

16. fascination

never say never...if anyone would have told me that I would come to love standard, I would never have believed it...even with the pro I have, and all of his skill...it took 4 years for me to convert :)

debmc and latingal like this.
  17. samina

samina Well-Known Member

I remember the days when you would never have believed it possible...:)

Glad you're enjoying it.

18. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

practice

latingal likes this.
  19. fascination

thanks

20. Mr 4 styles

LOL

thanks umm I guess

and fasc does it pro am !!!! that is amazing!! I do all four with the mrs am/am but only three with pros

cant seem to talk Heather Smith into dancing with me LOL just kidding ( I wish)