What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. kckc

kckc Active Member

Excellent! My instructor is the same way- either he has more confidence in my abilities than I do, or possibly his abilities to make dancer out of me yet :)

2. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

New routines and a few awesome tweaks to the old ones - with time to really get them good for the next comp. It's amazing what a few very clear goals can do to inspire progress, and how progress then re-energizes the goals!

3. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

Got to do a demo of bronze american viennese at a studio party, and the only criticism my instructor had was..."you need to smile more!" W00t! also, still can't wait for my tango show dance.

4. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

my awesome partners!!

5. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Am tango choreo is finally starting to sink in. Doesn't mean we dance it well though... LOL.

6. Ladybird

Ladybird Member

Started my lesson with rumba today. I don't normally look in the mirror when I dance - generally too blind! - but today I saw myself doing rumba walks, opening out and a few more figures.

At first I didn't quite believe I was looking at MY legs! Kept wanting to look around to see who else was there, but there really was only me and my teacher in the ballroom! I just looked really elegant, was doing some lovely shaping, using my ribs, etc. My teacher was just grinning so I knew I was doing well. Really pleased with myself. Hope I maintain it.

L

7. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

I am exploring dance as meditation - how to become more merged with the movement and less "in my head"
    This quote resonated with me today from a meditation website "The dancer must go, until only the dance remains. Be totally in the dance because division can exist only if you are not totally in the dance moment. If you are standing aside and looking at your own dance the division will remain. You are the dancing and you are dancing. Then dancing is just an act - something you are doing - it is not your being. Dance can only be meditation if the dance is not contrived. Be merged in the moment."

8. latingal

seeing my partners advance their dancing....so proud of the work we've done together!

9. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Less than 2 months to go before next comp! Time flies by...

10. latingal

best of luck debmc! work to rock that floor!!

as far as me today? excited about progress in ease, balance and better control of weight transfers....

11. ktia85

ktia85 Member

Had coaching with Valentina and got some great pointers and suggestions! Can't wait to apply them!

12. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

Valentina is wonderful! A lovely person and a great coach. Rarely does a lesson end without my Pro saying "what would Valentina want here." LOL - luckily, I love the information she imparted to me including ways of getting into and out of spin turns without being back weighted.

13. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Apparently my pro is saying nice things about my smooth to other teaches. This makes me happy.

14. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

Congratulations danceronice - it's nice to hear compliments secondhand....he's proud of you!

15. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

As he and his wife competed pro smooth, I'm VERY flattered. (See, Tibor, you taught me well... ;) )

And he liked the new dress. Given the hoops I had to jump through for it (yay ordering things from Europe via the internet) I'm relieved.

16. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Slow Waltz is getting REEEEEEALLY good...

17. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

ajiboyet - congratulations on your slow waltz! This dance is the foundation of the "swing and sway" dances and your hard work will continue to influence your future dancing!

18. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

danceronice - when will you debut the new dress? Isn't it fun when your design plan comes together and the dress works! I'm in the process of designing a new dress that I will debut at Heritage.

19. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am banking that it will be Indiana Challenge

20. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Finally beginning to get what tango should feel like. So different from all the other dances.

That and excited about upcoming comp in 5 weeks. Along with smooth the standard 5 dances are ready to compete, yea!