What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

My pro says that latin girls make the best smooth girls.
    debmc likes this.
  2. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

using my standing leg
    starting to find balance
    telling my pro I am ashamed to look at myself in the mirror
    telling my pro I am ashamed to look at him
    straigthening my back without any pain
    believing in my hubby's words that I will overcome all the difficulties and keep on dancing
    dreaming that I will dance for another year
    utterly enjoying dancing again!!!!!!!!!!!hooray!!!!!!!
  3. chomsky

Forgot the most important thing...
    practice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!it beats everything else...
  4. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

fantastic coaching on my open cha! visiting coach figured out the problems with the choreo and the way i was doing it, and i am much happier with it now. Hopefully no more major frustrations with it! EXCITED!
    gracie and latingal like this.
  5. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Rumba is getting better. Studying a certain man called Slavik is doing me some good...
    gracie likes this.
  6. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

ya think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and ditto that!!!
    ajiboyet likes this.
  7. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

The feeling of controlled, smooth power I seem to have found lately!
    ajiboyet and debmc like this.
  8. ajiboyet

That still exists only in my imagination. Hopefully it will come to life soon...
    FancyFeet likes this.
  9. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

It's addictive!

(And causes a whole set of sore muscle fun, 'cause you don't want to stop dancing. Like, as in, I'm at home right now, and my feet and legs hurt from the last couple of days, but I kinda want to head out to the studio now to practice anyway... because it's quite possibly the coolest thing I've ever felt!)
    debmc likes this.
  10. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

addictive and yet...zomg...I cannot move now
  11. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Managing to stay on balance during a back-bendy standing spin that starts from a stationary position (most credit goes to my partner for this though).

Getting out of it is a whole 'nother story, however.
    latingal likes this.
  12. gracie

gracie Active Member

Finally getting to compete open Int. Latin but knee pain and shin splints from Jive kicks and flicks- OUCH!
  13. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

I learned that I need to move my leg first before transferring my body over the leg...but while I'm transferring my body over the leg, I need to get ready my other leg to move out. Too often, I just marvelled at moving my body over the leg...and then nothing and I topple over to the other side.
    chomsky likes this.
  14. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Partnership connection skills are improving, getting a better feel of the speed and power that can be generated as a partnership and how to accomplish it!
    chomsky likes this.
  15. chomsky

Connecting with others makes me connect with myself...difficult and painful but worth it...
    latingal likes this.
  16. latingal

Taking a giant leap in to the unknown...things are changing in my dance environment, and either you continue to grow with it, or you die on the vine. Going to give it my best shot - it's time to be fearless and confident and see what it brings.
  17. ajiboyet

I'm doing something a little similar...choreographing a paso-flavoured freestyle for myself and three other people who don't know jack about it...it is well with me...practice has been going quite well considering their lack of experience...
    latingal likes this.
  18. LT

LT Member

The connections with DP are getting better and more active... our frame is getting fuller... in short, I think we are improving! We'll see what happens at the next comp... practice, practice, practice... ;)
    ajiboyet likes this.
  19. musicbrain

musicbrain Member

Prechamp Standard! Just finished getting two out of our four new routines and there's so much more freedom than syllabus!
  20. latingal

Feeling the sarcasm coming on....

Soooooo excited that pro has decided to "kill me" tomorrow. I think his exact words were that he was going to "run me in to the ground" (rounds). I'm looking forward to this about as much as I'd look forward to being kicked in the head....LOL!
    chomsky likes this.