What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

Keep the ibuprofen handy! You can do it latingal. Good luck!
    latingal likes this.
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Wow, got a real kick out of learning to be more aware and precise in where I place my energy. Thankful for the opportunity to do so!
  3. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Frame and connection. We've had a recent revelation which has made a difference in almost every aspect of my dancing. It's exciting beyond words! Wow......so THIS is what it's all supposed to feel like. :)
  4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Starting silver standard with my am partner. Tenatively, we're going to go ahead and enter silver-gold at our next comp. We may very well drop back down to bronze-silver for Nationals, but this feels like a nice milestone for our partnership.
    llamasarefuzzy and mindputtee like this.
  5. dancelvr

I've been working out on a machine called an Arc Trainer, and I'm thrilled with the results! My leg strength and knee stability have increased exponentially! A full-on Slow Foxtrot has never felt so effortless and balanced....ever! It's such an improvement.
    Sania and fascination like this.
  6. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

Yes, THRILLED to have moved to an area with some active dancers. :)
  7. ssqq

ssqq Member

Learning some Standard routines--previously I've done American style
    Love it! A new challenge
  8. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Scheduled my first smooth lesson in many, many months. So happy to finally have a stable partner for both smooth and standard.
    JudeMorrigan likes this.
  9. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Plane tickets are bought, hotel reservations made... I am ready for the next two comps!
    latingal and fascination like this.
  10. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Studio showcase yesterday went well! Several people commented that they could see a real difference in my dancing since the last one.

IGB end of this week! :)
    Gorme and dancelvr like this.
  11. dancelvr

IGB coming up for me too! And, for the first time, my family will be able to come and watch me dance. My sister-in-law is so excited, she won't shut up about it. :)
  12. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

I think one of my sisters might be coming to watch; it will be the first time she's seen me dance. Exciting!
    chomsky and dancelvr like this.
  13. JudeMorrigan

Vol State this weekend! This'll be the first time I've ever competed in smooth. Well, for all practical intents and purposes. I *did* do a small, local competition in the style back in my first year of dancing. I was such a turrible, newbie dancer back then that I consider it to barely count. Much like Jon Snow, I knew nothing back then.

(It also looks reasonably likely that this will be the first time I've had Larinda as a judge. That's actually rather intimidating. Particularly given the whole "this style is still rather new to me" thing.)
    latingal likes this.
  14. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

15. LT

LT Member

First comp in about 3 months coming up this weekend... :) Also, get to wear tails this time!
  16. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

starting to finally realize how to be more precise with my feet in rhythm, but it will take a lot of practice to get rid of the muddled, dragging, thing I currently do. Also, new smooth v. waltz routine! Feels so lovely to do, super flowy.
    chomsky likes this.
  17. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Had our first lesson with a new smooth coach. Spent most of the time talking and a little bit dancing, but I'm really excited for what's to come.
  18. JudeMorrigan

A highly successful first smooth competition. I think this is the most pleased I've been with a pro-am competition ... possibly ever. Things really went well, even if I was somewhat disappointed to wind up not having Larinda as a judge. Which made my reticence to do more than give her a cheery smile and wave all the sillier.
    chomsky, debmc and latingal like this.
  19. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Me too Mindputtee.. Last night I had my second lesson with new Standard instructor and it confirmed to me that I have made the right decisions to change pro. I am excited for the future. That and pro felt I was dancing in the wrong category and it was time for me to move out of silver and into gold. New waltz routine underway.
  20. kckc

kckc Active Member

just had 2 days in a row of dripping-sweat lessons getting ready for comp in 2 short weeks. I hurt in places I didn't know existed but the dancing seems to be good, even on my can't-guarantee-it-will-hold-out-through-competition bad knee. Is there anything better than V. waltz when you are firing on all cylinders?
    chomsky likes this.