What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. shava

shava Member

Had a recent coaching lesson with Marzena Stachura which was amazing. She gave me very practical advice - alot of it - so am excited about implementing all of it - one maybe two steps at a time!

ajiboyet and fascination like this.
  2. Sania

Sania Active Member

Yes - quickstep! But YMMV :)

3. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Excited about a terrifying/insane but awesome new open smooth tango routine, complete with drops, me lying there on the floor a bit, and one of those follow-leaning-out-on-one-leg-while-being-held-by-her-ankle things. o_O Lots of "you want us to do what with the what now?" moments while learning it.

ajiboyet, llamasarefuzzy and stash like this.
  4. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

We have finished all 4 open standard routines! Now onto practicing actually dancing them instead of just walking through them...:eek:

middy and stash like this.
  5. stash

stash Well-Known Member

This part is always the hardest!

llamasarefuzzy and middy like this.
  6. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

This is not really about the dancing, but our team jackets were here when we came home from comp. The studio has been open for 18 months, and the jackets have been a long time in coming. Snazzy!

Had a great comp, really fun meeting up with Gorme and dancelvr!

ajiboyet and dancelvr like this.
  7. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Well-Known Member

But hey, I placed in Rhythm scholarship for the first time!! Yay!

ajiboyet and dancelvr like this.
  8. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

Revising quickstep showcase with adding “The Charleston” for "The Great Gatsby“ /20's show

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am excited that I am enjoying it

10. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

Brand new Smooth routines of higher difficulty and rounding out the four with a spankin' new VWaltz tomorrow night. Plus, partner is getting a new dress in a few months and I've just decided to get a suit. We're becoming legit!

11. billman

billman Active Member

Started a silver waltz showcase routine!! Going to be a lot of fun with basic steps gradually going to more and more difficult steps as the routine goes on. Coach added something called a Fallaway free spin. Very fun!!

12. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

I've been asked by a local pro to learn an exhibition piece for an upcoming event. I start tonight. Very exciting...now to just pick a song. Do you think "Good Intent" by Kimbra would be suitable for a cha cha? I can feel cha cha, but it also has other possibilities.

13. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

I can hear the cha cha, but I tend to have loose standards for "you could dance this to that song".

My latest excitement: new open waltz routine. Feels so much better than the previous one, has a wonderful flow to it.

danceronice likes this.
  14. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

A couple of recently added dances in our scene; on top of a 4th Sat. dual WCS/C&W that began last year.

15. TwoRightFeet

TwoRightFeet Active Member

I'd probably be more inclined to do an American rumba to that song, although a cha cha would definitely be possible.

However, if I were a Temptress, I'd probably choose something like "Black Sheep" by Gin Wigmore.

TemptressToo likes this.
  16. TemptressToo

TemptressToo Member

Good choice, I love it. I'd use it except the older biddies in the room might not like the use of "hell" in the lyrics. ;)

dancelvr likes this.
  17. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Nope. :)

18. shava

shava Member

Am excited about transitioning from silver to gold in smooth & working on debut of bronze rhythm in early 2014.

ajiboyet likes this.
  19. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Am excited about the fact that DP and I are having to remove some steps from our routines (Slow Waltz and Quickstep so far) because we are now covering so much of the floor when we dance, that the old routines would have us dancing into the audience! :)

20. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

excited that rhythm pro is sending me home with specific drills to do that address my balance problems.