What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

very good sign
  2. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

3. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I'm excited that I have realized it doesn't matter that I can only afford one pro, that I depend on my pro and that I do not want another pro. I have had three pros so I should stop torturing myself. No matter what everyone else things once you have found your match it's stupid to feel dependent. I am excited that I am about to admit all that to myself. And I am also excited I realized I do need to discipline myself and dance to my maximum instead of just think about dance; just dance to the best of my ability for as long as I can, be it a month or a year or a lifetime and nothing else matters. Money, health, age, duration, nothing matters. I'm excited I'm surrounded by people that nurture me and my dance for 2 and a half years.
  4. chomsky

v waltz fills me with stamina. Whenever I have no will power it is the viennese that gives me it, couldn't agree with you more!
  5. chomsky

My pro keeps telling me off and I keep answering back but the following day I always end up realizing he was right in the first place. We are so lucky to have pros that care!
  6. chomsky

it feels so so nice when family gets to watch, it makes a difference!!!
  7. shava

shava Member

Am transitioning from full silver to open silver & pre gold so new choreo, arm styling & open positions are challenging & so very fun!
    chomsky likes this.
  8. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Gaining better perspective about my own dancing....
    chomsky, Wannabee and dancelvr like this.
  9. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I'm excited that I will be able to work on something besides bronze smooth for a while.....like my quickstep routine! :D
  10. dancer78

dancer78 New Member

I am excited that was my routine was professionally choreographed and while I'm a novice dancer, the choreographer said "She can do this." Other members of the studio were skeptical, my partner/teacher said he wasn't changing anything, that he had faith I could learn the routine and I am! It includes a death drop and me climbing on his shoulders. It feels good to be doing my favorite dance (Rumba) and knowing that people have faith in me!
    chomsky and canismajor41 like this.
  11. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Workshops and a couple of lesson hours today with a visiting coach. I'm going to get my rear end kicked, and I can't wait! :D
    chomsky and dancelvr like this.
  12. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

Do you have some gymnastics background? Courageous!
  13. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

nvm, for some reason wont let me post picture
  14. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Yesterday was great! Two hours with coach, then an hour with Standard pro. Dancing felt really good. Both had some very positive things to say about my progress. :D
    dancelvr likes this.
  15. flightco

flightco Active Member

Well, I am making progress. I have mentioned previously my first comp is this Thursday at Windy City Open. A couple weeks ago I was really nervous and have had so many sessions with my pro that I am now getting less so. A lot of things I had been having problems with are getting fixed (just takes a long time for simple concepts to sink in, when they do I really wonder why I didn't understand it sooner). As you all know, getting something fixed only means your pro is moving on to the next thing that needs work but the comp is in two days and I don't think there is time to fix anything new, I am just working on doing what I can do as best I can; as you hear so often today, it is what it is. So my dancing is what it is, I know the steps, I have mastered all the technique I am capable of at this point in my dancing. I am glad that I am doing two heats of newcomer single dances (two age groups) since I will be dancing the age group below mine first which hopefully will get the kinks out before my age group. I have no idea how I will do but I will report the results and whether I come in first or last I promise I will have fun and learn from the experience.
    chomsky likes this.
  16. chomsky

very well said, we've all been there, and it just feels awkward, what the heck...

ditto!!!!
  17. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Real breakthroughs on suspension and moving from my center. Dancing feels great!
    chomsky and dancelvr like this.
  18. chomsky

center...what a nice word, how I seek it and can't find it...I envy you, well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. chomsky

had a very nice lesson, I'm so excited, so looking forward to this year. I had one pro and was worried dead I was too dependent on him. Then I had three more, and I realized I was dependent on dance not on my first pro. Now the situation has changed. I was forced by money problems to chose one. And I chose my first pro with the knowledge I now have I was objective and impartial acknowledging what a good pro he was. And now I return to my first pro for learning with the sound knowledge he is the best pro for me, having been around so many!!!!I have now organized my curiculum for this year. I know which dances I will do! I am thrilled!!!!!!
  20. LT

LT Member

Recent results were positive and encouraging... :) Now if we could only get our coaches to stay in one place long enough so we could get some lessons... :p