What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Gaining control in our movement/swing/everything! A long way to go, but things feel better.

chomsky likes this.
  2. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

just not giving up! I'm excited about not giving up and hanging on in there!!!!!!!!!!!

latingal likes this.
  3. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Just scheduled a lesson with Larinda for when she visits my studio later this month:dancingbanana:

4. bluslu

bluslu Member

Jealous. I signed up for her workshop but I can't swing the cost of a lesson with her :(

5. llamasarefuzzy

Yeah, will probably pass on the workshops just so I don't spend all my disposable income but it should be well worth it!

6. bluslu

bluslu Member

I had already signed up for a lesson with Ed in October, for my birthday, so all I could swing was the workshop, but at least I'll get that.

Had some awesome revelations tonight in body shaping for smooth. It's always felt so forced and the exercises tonight were super useful. I'm really looking forward the addition of this silver technique class. We finally have enough upper level dancers to justify a technique class and I feel like I may finally make progress.

7. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Working with my new practice partner has uncovered a lot of bad habits I built up with the old partner and set me on the road to fixing them! Hopefully I'll be as cheerful about the process in a few weeks, but for now I'm excited!

Sania likes this.
  8. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

I get to do some quickstep! YEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! It's only a little over the budget for a year, anyone in the Chicago area need a good office chair so I can help out with the cost :). Just kidding. Not really.

9. musicbrain

musicbrain Member

Had a breakthrough last night...I finally figured out how to use my hip action in Rumba properly to keep myself from falling over every time I have to rotate!

chomsky and latingal like this.
  10. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

clawing my way out of a two year long hole.....

chomsky and SDsalsaguy like this.
  11. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

A bunch of small changes that each are changing the whole feel of the dancing. Feeling a little more ready for our first comp in a month and a half.

12. Janson

Janson Active Member

Everything in Latin except Paso (haven't done that...) - it's all looking much better, feeling more natural. Everything has just come along in leaps and bounds. Basic steps can now look great, as well as the more fancy ones. Ballroom seems to have taken a back seat.

13. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

I am excited I am going to be a dancer and not an obsessive dancer!

cornutt and latingal like this.
  14. llamasarefuzzy

Our routines are shaping up nicely- we are well on our way to being ready for Chicago in november. Also just bought a new dress, which I think will make a huge difference on our look on the floor

15. middy

middy Well-Known Member

After strongly not wanting to do Latin this whole past year, my partner has now opened his mind to the possibility of working on it again and maybe even competing. Yay!

16. latingal

Taking a bit of time to rest up and recover before going headlong in to the next phase. It's nice to have the time to sit back and reflect on what has been accomplished over the last year. I think I'm liking the things that are showing up and the direction things are heading in! :)

chomsky and debmc like this.
  17. Krogholm

Krogholm Member

Leaving the competition floor last week and for the first time ever feeling that we didn't allow ourselves to be stressed and overcome by nerves. A thoroughly enjoyable experience just dancing (almost) to the best of our abilities - and it must have shown somehow, 'cause it turned out that we won (also for the first time ever) :)

18. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

In the midst of the partner search process and had tryouts with not one, but two promising potential partners! Still need to convince them they want to do standard in addition to latin, but you gotta start somewhere (I also probably have to pick one at some point, but I'll cross that ridge when I come to it)

Also had my first private with a prospective coach yesterday and started remaking my latin from the ground up (literally) with the end goal of a waaaayyy more balanced base to shape and lead from (and stronger ankles to boot).

19. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

Dance field trips. Why? Because dancing. And Ulta stores along the way.

middy, FancyFeet and SwayWithMe like this.
  20. latingal

Continued building of confidence and surety along my path....

debmc, samina and Sania like this.