What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

foot speed....

2. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Finally finishing up all of our open routines! So pumped to compete in a month...

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

currently. nothing...and it has been a while...not even sure what it is that would change that...and that is disturbing

4. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

inspiration is at a "flat" point currently - although I find myself singing along with The Band Perry to their single release "Done"....may have to find a showcase .........

5. Janson

Janson Active Member

Getting a new partner and coming up with new open choreo for CSRJ and at least WQ and one other - all for use in just over 1 month. Exciting...whilst daunting at the same time!

6. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Sexing up our smooth tango...Added a body roll. Unfortunately I crack up laughing half of the time I do it, so I need to work on pretending I want him and stuff.

7. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Finally learning how to use my upper body in Latin! So far I'm liking getting away from the "feet, knees, hips, then maybe we'll talk about your core and upper body if there's time" approach of my old latin coach (as much as I like getting compliments on my hip action from new teachers).

8. latingal

Wow, finally all the piece parts are in the body and the timing of each is solidifying....geez, that took forever....

cornutt, debmc and 3wishes like this.
  9. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Even though our new Waltz routine is the hardest we've ever had, it just feels amazing to dance. Like, literally everything fits together and feels good.

Can't wait to dance it in a comp.

(We're not going to talk about the new samba routine)

10. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

That I actually remembered Smooth work after 3 months of no lessons.

Gorme, dancelvr, latingal and 2 others like this.
  11. latingal

Coaching coming up....it's been awhile....

debmc likes this.
  12. Gorme

Gorme Active Member

That my smooth feels better after working on nothing but Standard the past 3 months.

13. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

I get to learn a quickstep routine tonight, WEEEEEE! Although i probably should have bought another set of lessons to prep for my next comp instead of this little mini showcase routine. But I couldn't resist. QUICKSTEP! A totally cheesy, 20's inspired QUICKSTEP! Sometimes ya gotta do the fun stuff and not just worry about the competition!

cornutt likes this.
  14. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

We have two complete smooth routines now! They may not be the finished routines, but they're competeable.

middy likes this.
  15. latingal

Playing with different emphasis of technical components to vary the look of the dance....looking to find "my style".

stash and Sania like this.
  16. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Ditto here! Latest latin coaching was on looking more at how to use my back and core in Latin!

17. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I'm learning the same thing in swing, thanks to Christopher Wayne.

18. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Working on pretty much just Rhythm, and starting to add silver figures to all five routines. Probably won't be ready for debut for a while (maybe pre-silver single heats at Indiana?) but still.

debmc likes this.
  19. bluslu

bluslu Member

Canter turn to develope in V.waltz FINALLY making sense. We worked on it at least 3 or 4 times in lessons last semester and then my partner and I worked on it for 3 or 4 practice sessions and it never. made. sense. Well, one lesson with the female instructor and a simple "It's a half turn pivot half turn" made it all go "click!" in my brain and suddenly, I can do it at speed. Male instructor kept saying "It's one and a half then half," and my body was just like "can.not.do." So exciting. Maybe I won't trip and almost fall like I did at IDC.

ajiboyet and chomsky like this.
  20. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Despite not having competed Latin for about a year and feeling rather rusty, our coach had me demonstrate my supposedly "clean" samba styling to everyone else. I felt awkward about it (I hate being the center of attention) but also secretly a bit thrilled.