What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Enjoying my dancing right now. I have the time to really take a look at some of my styling and areas that just are not looking up to snuff. It's satisfying to be able to figure out what is going wrong and how to fix it.
    samina and Wannabee like this.
  2. Wannabee

Wannabee Well-Known Member

I'm learning nine new comp routines. I wish I had 2 more months at least but instead, they will make their debut on the comp floor in a couple of weeks. I feel very nervous. Of course, the nervousness is secondary to the excitement of dancing silver smooth!!
  3. latingal

It seems I've tried almost every permutation of technique that might be possible (whether intended or unintended o_O ), so now when asked to add a bit of this, or take a bit of that out, I can actually do it pretty easily. It's exhilarating and mortifying at the same time. LOL!
    debmc, chomsky and fascination like this.
  4. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

First comp with the new partner is a week from tomorrow! Aaaaah!
    middy, chomsky and cornutt like this.
  5. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

lol lol lol! my words exactly, exhilarating and mortifying at the same time, I love it when this happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!!
    latingal likes this.
  6. bluslu

bluslu Member

Lesson with Ed on Thursday. Worked on silver rhythm for the first time. Only got to rumba. He destroyed us, in a good way. Ouch.
    cornutt and latingal like this.
  7. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

Excited about dancing again after a 5 month break :D and sewing... just caught the sewing bug! Thanks Mindputtee and Jananananana, you inspired me :)
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
    Sania, cornutt, mindputtee and 2 others like this.
  8. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

a jolly warm welcome back to you then and well done for coming back!!!!!!!!!!!!
    twothreefourone likes this.
  9. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Soooo excited after my coaching with Nazar! We learnt so much! He is amazing!
    middy and latingal like this.
  10. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

On last lesson, we worked on dramatically improving out swing motion...and it felt great!!
  11. ajiboyet

ajiboyet Well-Known Member

Just curious - when you write that name, how do you now when to stop?
    cornutt and latingal like this.
  12. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

New routines time!

Apparently they will be a significant upgrade in difficulty and complexity from my current ones, and we'll debut them in a little under 4 months... where I'll dance all 5 in competition for the first time.

Wait, maybe I'm terrified, not excited...
  13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

nothing....and that is a huge concern
  14. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

No news is good news, right? You haven't been on the "steps you hate" thread since April. :)
  15. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Working on Standard and getting better.
    LT likes this.
  16. LT

LT Member

Worked on two new figures that we can add to our repertoire... I had to convince DP one was a good idea though... but after a few tries she decided it was fun... :)
  17. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

New jive routine!
  18. fascination

well....it would be nice if I could put that happy spin on it...but hate isn't the opposite of love always...sometimes it's apathy....I would actually like to feel strongly enough about some aspect of my dancing that I hate some aspect of it....right now, the only thing I feel strongly about is not continuing to do it if it continues to feel like this....and I am, even more alarmingly, okay with that...shrug...it is what it is....we will see where it goes...day by day
    chomsky likes this.
  19. latingal

Personally I hope it doesn't come to you stopping your dancing fasc, for purely selfish reasons. You are a wonderful and amazing ambassador to the dance world, a good friend and just a great lady. The dance community would feel such a loss.
    debmc, chomsky and middy like this.
  20. fascination

you are a doll...I am pretty sure (amend that to very sure) the dance world would not bat an eyelash...and that is okay...when you work for hospice for a decade you learn that only a handful of people really care beyond a few weeks...I know who those people are...my ego is okay with that :)...right now, I am just sort of observing it in a detached way and seeing where it is going to take me...like those hotels that charge by the hour....I am sort of taking my dance journey that way...while that might have horrified me a long time ago, there are things about dance that I will always want in my life but there are just as many things about it that I don't want...that whole friendship part won't change....you are a treasure, beyond being a spectacular dancer....I will save those details for a private venue
    chomsky and latingal like this.