What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

I'm excited because DP was excited that I'm finally (and pretty consistently) doing my share within our dancing. And, if he is that happy.....then, I am ecstatic! :D
    chomsky likes this.
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Acquiring a solid sense that my technique will hold me through.....
    Terpsichorean Clod and Sania like this.
  3. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

excited I am forced to rediscover myself and my dancing once again...I am a social dancer and will stop going to socials. I am reinventing my dancing goal...I have no idea what it is and what form my dancing will take and what the meaning of pleasure will be...I have no idea whatsoever...
    latingal likes this.
  4. middy

middy Well-Known Member

Owning our open smooth routines and working on the performance aspect...attempting to have more than about three facial expressions (neutral, smiley, and then b*tchy during tango)
    cornutt and latingal like this.
  5. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Wierdly, foxtrot - which has long been my most disliked dance. Typically, looks decent, feels awful.

It got some intense focus this weekend at practice (both technique and the new routine), and is starting to look and feel kind of, well, good. With some style and expression. Still kind of shocked, and hoping it wasn't an abberation...
    Sania, cornutt and latingal like this.
  6. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Having a partner who is a joy to work with.....
  7. chomsky

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!wow! I am so so happy for you! As my family told me yesterday...in my case it is having a pro partner that is my friend no matter how much we may fight. no matter what happens in life, having a buddy you cannot get rid of...
    latingal likes this.
  8. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

Excited/nervous...going through the stages of finding a new partner and doing pro am with my coach in the meantime.

Now how do I find a dude???
    chomsky and latingal like this.
  9. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Getting ready to compete in standard again on the pro-am side of things for the first time in a year. This is just going to be a one-off thing, but I'm still looking forward to it.
    latingal likes this.
  10. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Starting to gel with my new amateur partner and really feel like we're working as a team. We're both a little deficient in the lead-follow aspect of Latin, but we're working on it and having fun at the same time (she's brave enough try Latin with her eyes closed to work on it - we figured out that's *not* ideal with sliding doors!)
    chomsky, twothreefourone and latingal like this.
  11. twothreefourone

twothreefourone Active Member

hehe, we did this too yesterday! Eyes were closed for cha and rumba, although only one of us at a time. It was exciting, as we could tell what needed more attention. The parts that worked, felt like magic. Almost out-of-body like, as it focused the feel of the floor, the feel of the connections. I'm just glad my partner had her nice perfume on though, otherwise I'd never have found her after the parts where she walks/spins away.
    chomsky and Dancing Irishman like this.
  12. bluslu

bluslu Member

I always terrify my partner when I do silver American V-waltz with my eyes closed. He doesn't understand it's the only way I can follow it and not backlead it. And I can do the entire left turn-underarm turn to open fallaway/butterfly turn to canter turn/develope with my eyes closed. Would have competed that way except Ed told me I couldn't. Boo. Haven't ever tried it in rhythm. . . hmmm....
  13. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

It's fine for practice. However, when you dance on a social or comp floor, VW is one dance where your partner really needs your help with floorcraft... the floor changes fast and he can't clear the path for you when he's moving backwards.
    chomsky likes this.
  14. mygoldfish

mygoldfish New Member

I'm excited because I'm going back to school this winter which means I can start taking the ballroom classes again. It's been a while since I danced regularly and I miss it terribly.

I'm also excited cause last week I reconnected with the man who originally taught me how to dance and, after talking to him, I'm absolutely determined to attend the Viennese Ball this spring - and more sure than ever that I can actually make that happen. I'm thinking about giving my boyfriend dance lessons for Christmas to help prepare him for the ball that he doesn't yet know he's going to attend. lol
    cornutt and chomsky like this.
  15. OreganO

OreganO Member

Last week I went to help my coach out with a wedding lesson, which was a blast. There's nothing like the bride and groom insisting that their families learn a bit of ballroom for the reception... got to store that one away.

Anyway, my coach happened to mention that a lot of team members investing in more dance classes are doing so because I'm always excited about mine *cough* dance major. Now I'm excited because there are more people excited and passionate about dancing :)
    cornutt likes this.
  16. dlliba10

dlliba10 Well-Known Member

My Smooth partner and I just pulled off what felt like the best standing spin of our partnership in practice today. So pumped and excited.
    chomsky and stash like this.
  17. stash

stash Well-Known Member

I saw it on facebook! Looking hot!
  18. chomsky

I had a very difficult lesson but I was there mind and body 100%! I enjoyed my discipline! Lately it was so hard to concentrate, I am really proud at myself.
    cornutt likes this.
  19. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

Getting back to practice. Between travelling for the holidays and some minor illness both on my part and my partners, it seems like it's been ages since I've set foot on the dance floor. (Frankly, the dancing I did at my dad's wedding doesn't count.) I intend to remedy that today. Even if I'm still not at 100% health-wise. I'm frankly close enough.
  20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

the opportunity to focus primarily on connection and the opportunity to be doing that with new material while maintianing good technical exectuion...exciting, challenging, enjoyable
    cornutt likes this.