What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Fasc knows my schedule! Yep, that's next. I can only get down for Thursday, unfortunately, but at least it's Smooth day. Wish I could stay for Rhythm but I've got school programs Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday. (Heck, I'm surprised the snow storm didn't wait until February so I'd have to rebook from school closings!)
  2. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

excited today because I've been feeling more sure footed....
  3. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

What I have mentioned in my post over on the swing board; two of the local WCS dances moving to improved facilities giving them a new more exciting atmosphere.
  4. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

More power and control in Slow Waltz, Slow Fox, and Tango!
  5. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

I thought about putting this in the "how are your lessons going" thread, but it really belongs here at the moment...

I actually heard these words from my teacher today in a lesson: "That was perfect."

Me: "I highly doubt that."
    Him: "No, I mean it. That was perfect. Do it again."

...and I did. :)

Even better, we were working on chaine turns...which have, up until this point, usually gotten the tilt of the head, sigh of frustration, followed by "you need to spend some time working on this on your own."
  6. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

My dancing? Nothing. However, DW ordered a new pair of shoes. That's gotta be a positive...
  7. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Just great to have people coming up to us and telling us they enjoy watching. It means a lot after all we have put into it.
  8. ichigo9813

ichigo9813 New Member

I'm switching from Advanced Rhythm to Latin :) . Also, I feel like I'm getting better facial expression when dancing.
  9. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Did all our 5 new closed silver latin routines to music to speed with hardly any "goofs". Now it is time to really polish things up.
  10. latingal

Welcome to DF ichigo9813!!
  11. latingal

Feeling new corrections starting to take hold! Yay!!
  12. Aura

Aura Active Member

Meh. Nothing really exciting is happening right now in terms of my dancing, but I did invite several people to the guest party the studio is hosting. That's a plus.
  13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I think I am beginning to make small progress on the relaxation and softening front, particularly in standard waltz...still have a long way to go in rumba and foxtrot, but I think i can do this
  14. HCMikeC

HCMikeC New Member

I am happy to feel the effects of the last few months of personal training, specifically an increase in the stability of my core through various movements. Also, I have found that the general conditioning work I have done during these sessions and in my own workouts have definitely improved stamina during rounds. I am hoping this carries over to actual competition (this weekend).

Oh yeah..and the dancing is getting there too:)
  15. latingal

there are flashes of it all coming together!!
  16. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Hooray LG!
  17. latingal

:) .....
  18. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Mix n' Match team match tomorrow. GO BLUE TEAM! (Foxtrot, Cha Cha, Rumba.)

And picked dances for Indiana Challenge--Smooth, Scholarship, multi-dance.
  19. dancerdol

dancerdol Member

Good luck at Indiana Challenge!!
  20. latingal

knowing my skills have grown and my style has evolved because of it....what will I be this year?