What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Active Member

Got a bloody job, so I get to compete again! Woot!

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

excited here about focusing solely on smooth for a while....and in particular, maintaining a softer connection while integrating new choreography which changes position far more than I have been accustomed to...I feel like much of what has been lacking in my dancing is beginning to be addressed...and that is very exciting

SwayWithMe, debmc, Sania and 2 others like this.
  3. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

Feeling reenergized and eager to start drilling hard to put quality movements into my muscle memory. Can't wait to hit the ground running this week!

4. JudeMorrigan

JudeMorrigan Well-Known Member

First lesson with New Smooth Partner scheduled!

5. stash

stash Well-Known Member

To get back to practicing at all. Though I feel like these months away have blown me way out of shape /:

6. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Nothing. Ennui has set in big time. Maybe time to chuck it all for Argentine.

7. Dancing Irishman

That was fast! Hope all goes well in the new partnership!!!!

Work has been h$&@ and I haven't had much time to practice as a result. Would like that to change this week, but it will probably be another week or two before I can see any results from pushing back on the difference between the amount of work expected of me and how much I'm actually capable of producing sustainably.

8. letsdance101

letsdance101 Active Member

I'm excited about a possible standard partner :) we are going to have a try out and talk about goals next week

This could be my first amateur partner so I'm pumped!

ajiboyet, dancelvr, Sania and 4 others like this.
  9. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Lessons have been great lately, lots of fun new technique is really clicking. Real life has settled down a bit and is letting me have a more consistent day-to-day solo practice schedule.

At our last showcase, I danced freestyles with another student as well as with my pro. We decided to do this about 10 days out, not ever having danced together previously. 5 hours of practice later, it went much better than I had dared hope. Coach has suggested that we compete together, which I'm not quite ready to commit to yet, but we are going to be practicing together regularly. Exciting!

Sania, dancelvr and nikkitta like this.
  10. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Latin is progressing exponentially. My memories of 3 year old lessons are all coming back, and we are moving right along. Hopefully, we will be ready for a comp by October! (When I might be able to afford one.) :)

chomsky and SwayWithMe like this.
  11. Becca

Becca Active Member

Obviously I don't dance at all anymore myself, but what I'm excited about in my dancing world at the moment is the WDC European Professional Latin in Moscow tomorrow evening! It's going to be a HUGE day for me!!!

stash likes this.
  12. JudeMorrigan

This went exceptionally well. Forget excited, I'm pushing positively giddy now.

Oh, and as for the speed, my pro had suggested to me that I dance with her roughly 30s after I finished up at Nationals. I'll (probably) only be dancing smooth with her, so it wouldn't have interfered with what I would have been doing with my old partner even if she weren't moving. And, well, apparently this is something that my pro and her partner (who New Smooth Partner is doing pro-am with) had hatched up between themselves as something that Had To Happen.

13. Dancing Irishman

So this means you get to keep your current smooth instructor? That's awesome!!

14. Dancing Irishman

Latin partner and I are starting to feel a lot stronger in our cha cha!!! We now have three full dances we've both learned plus a paso that only she's learned and maybe a quarter of a jive that we both know...unfortunately, samba and rumba have gotten super rusty whe we polished the cha cha. Coach made it clear that we are to run through our choreo for each dance slowly at the start of each practice from here on out before we do anything else.

It no longer feels like quite a long stretch to have all five worked up by September ish.

JudeMorrigan likes this.
  15. JudeMorrigan

And I have a really good reason to start taking lessons with my instructor's pro partner. I feel like lessons with him will be very good for me.

ajiboyet likes this.
  16. CCdance

CCdance Active Member

Adding Paso to my training! Yay! Had some practice in the past but this time it's geared up for my next comp, so I'm really excited about! I love all 5 (International latin) dances equally, but Paso definitely is a special one! :shy:

17. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Looks like I'll be competing Am bronze standard at the next comp as well as my ProAm events!

18. sbrnsmith

sbrnsmith Well-Known Member

Excited about taking my dancing to the next level... we have 4 months before next comp and are focusing on Standard, which apparently is my strongest style, but also working on Rhythm and Smooth...feeling better about technique and working on presentation and performance aspects which are challenging for me

19. debmc

debmc Well-Known Member

Decided on what comps I'll be doing for the rest of the year and what dance style I'll be doing at each one of them. Have all my hotel and hair/makeup appts booked and time off from work. It's exciting to be working towards specific goals at specific comps.

sbrnsmith and SwayWithMe like this.
  20. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

really partnering...really dancing WITH

chomsky, cornutt and SwayWithMe like this.