What are you excited about in your dancing right now?

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by latingal, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

New studio. So much stuff to learn.
  2. Jan M.

Jan M. New Member

Well for me everytime i see some viral videos about dancing it gives me inspiration and will excite me to dance! Yay, but unfortunately, i don't have a partner to do some dance covers haha.
  3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

currently I am just happy to be able to reset the dynamic...hoping to make it a good one
  4. Dancing Irishman

Dancing Irishman Well-Known Member

I just keep enjoying the team dymamic between me and my latin partner more and more every practice!! Very open and honest but always respectful!
  5. Sania

Sania Active Member

Think Madonna in the 80's :D
  6. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Active Member

I'm there as well right now too. We've become great friends since the last competition and really developed a great connection. It adds to the experience tremendously.
  7. Squall

Squall Member

My coach found a competition partner for me, my first since I started learning dancing (standard only) last August. Preparing for and looking forward to competing.

Also, danced at a social for the first time with my new partner and it wasn't too bad. Also met the owner of dancepartner.com there, unexpectedly, which reminds me that I should probably stop paying him...
  8. nikkitta

nikkitta Well-Known Member

Hey, tell the owner of dancepartner dot com that charging people to read the "More About Me" and "I'm Looking For..." in people's profiles is ridiculous. That information is really critical in determining whether a person is worth ponying up the cash to contact.

<end hijack, and this probably belongs in the Whining Thread :rolleyes:>
    Hedwaite and FancyFeet like this.
  9. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

^^ This. (We need a super-emphatic, 1000 times like button.)
  10. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

Well I am excited. I learned my first open routine today in standard. I thought jump from gold to open was going to be a big leap, but it went quite well.... and extra bonus, I love the routine.
    debmc, cornutt and Dancing Irishman like this.
  11. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

Enjoying working with my am partner. Different dynamics from my pro-am work, it's been developing my dancing in different ways!
    dancelvr, SwayWithMe, debmc and 2 others like this.
  12. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

Multi-studio showcase tonight. We've upgraded my routine, and it feels really good! :)
  13. latingal

Taking a retrospective look back over the last year. My dancing has changed a ton and I feel I can bring some good dancing to the floor this upcoming year.

It's nice, I feel as if having a consistent am partner at a good level has given me the opportunity develop in areas I never would have had the chance to if I only had pro-am. Additionally it's nice to have a partner who is a peer and works with you because of common goals rather then a financial incentive.

It's awesome having the opportunity to take the best of both worlds!
    SwayWithMe and fascination like this.
  14. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

How did it go?
  15. SwayWithMe

SwayWithMe Active Member

It went well! The floor is rather small at this showcase, and despite practicing for it, we ran out of room on a couple of occasions. My ad lib was not nearly as cool as the actual choreography, but it worked. Four weeks until I get to dance it on the nice big floor at our studio showcase! :)

Received some nice comments from people who were watching, interested to see video and hear pro's and coach's thoughts tomorrow.
    RiseNFall likes this.
  16. Hedwaite

Hedwaite Well-Known Member

I'm excited about my vacation FROM dancing coming up. It's just for a weekend, but I'm looking forward to smelling pine shavings, horse, and leather, and hearing nineties popified Latin music while sipping on a giant margarita.
    dancelvr likes this.
  17. Dancing Irishman

Started taking my conditioning a little more seriously again...I'm loving the feeling of having a stronger core and legs. Now I just need to keep the conditioning up!
    SwayWithMe likes this.
  18. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Dance-wise, not much... but I am excited about my new-to-me dress that arrived yesterday. It is not expensive or couture, and will likely be relegated to my back-up dress after this next competition, but it fits and is flattering and comfortable. And it will be even more comfortable after I make 2 minor alterations, namely changing the bra cups and straps. (I may also change the way the floats attach/their shape.)

This will also let me wear a dress that fits next month, without having to rush like crazy to get a new one made. I had to rush to make the now-too-big dress, and I think with more time, I would have chosen to do a couple of things differently.
  19. latingal

Samba..... not something I would have predicted for the "what are you excited about in your dancing" thread. LOL!
  20. Dancing Irishman

I think I may have just met my new amateur smooth partner tonight!!!!!

Very talented, hard working, and like able personality!!!! Here's hoping it works out!!!